13. Another Delivery

CW: language. It's to show frustration, so sorry if you don't like cursing.

Scott knows that waking up in the unholy hours of the morning is torturous. But he found out that just walking around his empire and seeing it wake up with the morning is really beautiful, especially if he has a viewpoint from one of the tall roofs of his empire, with the gentle breeze blowing in his face and tousling his hair. So really, waking up that early isn't too bad, especially if there's something he can do.

It became his habit almost every day. Wake up at 5, change, walk around the empire, and then find a roof to sit on when he's tired of walking.

Sometimes, when a certain person can't sleep or wakes up really early, they will sit together and watch the sunrise. All the while stealing small glances and kisses with each other and cuddling while they ignored the problems around them. But never really talking, in fear of turning to darker topics and ruining the blissful peace.

It's small moments like these that Scott absolutely love, because he was with the one he loved, and nothing was stopping them.

And this went on for a while until Scott started feeling unusual vibes in the air. Bad ones. So being the protective boyfriend he was, he made sure that Jimmy was safe, even if that meant pushing him away. It was all for the best, he would surely understand. Right? He damn well hoped so.

And this is how we find our Ice King today, aching from loneliness, regret, worry, and so many other emotions.

Another fly around the world cleared his head, but upon returning to his empire, he noticed several ice spikes in a circular formation on the summit next to his greenhouse.
"Did this turn into a place for messages?! Can I not build anything here at all?" he shrieked in frustration, "All I wanted was a cute fucking castle and then my empire would be complete! I would be happy! I CAN'T DO THAT IF THE LOCATION IS ALWAYS FUCKING OCCUPIED!" He basically exploded with anger. "What's the purpose of this anyway?" he spat out bitterly.

Encased inside the biggest spike was a sword with markings all over it. The blade had a blue-hued aura surrounding it, and the leather-clad hilt was infused with gold. The markings were vaguely familiar, but Scott just couldn't quite place where he had seen it before. Suddenly, he heard a loud and deep snort.
"I totally forgot about that stag," he muttered, "I'm sorry Aeor"

One glance at the majestic creature was all it took for Scott's memory to click. The marks in the sword were the same as the marks on the stag.

But what on earth was that sword? Is it just a regular sword with fancy markings to show that it's from Aeor? He looked at all the books in his house to see if there was any ancient blade mentioned. Nothing. And so another trip was made back to the elven library.

"I've looked at all the books already though," he whispered. He walked through the prophecy hall and then tripped over a trapdoor while looking at the titles on the top shelves. In doing so, the trapdoor opened, and with him sprawled on the ground, he noticed a small, narrow tunnel.

"Is it like this with all the trapdoors?" he whispered as he checked all the other trapdoors. They weren't, so the tunnel was obviously special. It took so much time to get to the other side, seeing as there wasn't much crawl space for him. The other side was a 2 meter (about 6.5 ft) tall room, with a lantern, and a single lectern with a book.

The book in question holding the answers to Scott's questions and the origins of the sword. Or rather, the Rune Blade.