Chapter 9- Closeness

Drishti-

"Your decision is right di. He deserves to be happy" Divya smiled at me through the video call before showing me a deep blue and silver lehngha "Oh and this is the one I picked for you"

"You can't wait to get married, right?" I laughed at her enthusiasm and also on Romi dancing in the background with headphones on. "And that creature behind you back too"

She looked behind and saw her future husband beating his chest and vibing with some song. "Sometimes I wonder why I decided to marry him" she sighed "Should have adopted him instead for marrying him"

I laughed "tum dono aur tumhare drame, pata nai tum dono ke bache kaise honge" we talked for the next couple of minutes before she hung up to go for shopping.

Divya and Romi's wedding was the next month so there was an atmosphere of chaos and excitement around us. Thanks to that and papa, Sargun was happy due to all the relatives coming and going.

As for me, a few days back papa came to me and explained how I was compromising with three lives at the same time. He said- 'Drishti mana tum Vicky se pyar krti thi par tumhe ye bhi pata hai na ki usse pehle tum kabhi Rakshit ke pyar mein thi. Beta pyar pyar hai, par sacha pyar bhulae nahi bhoolta. Tumne bhi to bataya tha na Vicky ko ki kai bar tum uske bare mein sochti thi jab usse mili itne salo bad. Drishti jinhe milna hota hai na, vo kahi se bhi mil jate hain. Agar qismat ne tumhe Rakshit se dobara milaya hai, to iske piche koi vajah hogi. Rakshit Sargun ka pita to ban gaya, bs tumhara pati banneki der hai. Kya use ek mauka nahi dogi tum?'

Among other things. And he was right too, Rakshit deserved to be happy after all that pain he went through. He was a good father to my daughter and a best friend to me. He was happy with just being with me which meant he had no wrong intentions in his heart.

Strolling in the room in a yellow sundress, I waited for him so that we could hang out. He texted me that his meeting was over and that he would be here in a few minutes so I got ready but he didn't show up. It was after an hour that he showed up.

Panicked.

Drishti:- (worried) Rakshit kya hua?

Rakshit(sad):- vo

Drishti(holding his shoulders):- kya hua?

Rakshit:- sorry Drishti mein late ho gaya. Mein jis sari hui car mein aa raha tha us car ka engine kharab ho gaya raste mein. Upar se koi cab bhi nai mili. I'm sorry.

Drishti(annoyed):- seriously? To is wajah se tum pagalo ki tarah aise tensed aoge? Mr. Shergill mujhe darane ka theka le rakha hai kya apne?

Rakshit:- um- sorry.

He widened his smile to show his teeth before looking at me blushing. He gets shy too. Nice.

Rakshit:- Mrs Shergill chale?

I sighed. He could have at least complemented me like- achi lag rai ho, bht khoobsurat lag rai ho. Or something else. Vicky would do that everyday even if-

My eyes welled up with tears remembering him and Rakshit sensed something wrong. He didn't say a word. Instead he stepped forward and hugged me to comfort me.

Rakshit:- Its okay Mrs. Shergill. Please abhi dukhi mat ho.

I too wrapped my hands around his waist as he encouraged me and told me about the places he would take me to today. After a while he cupped my face and told me how strong it was of me to come out of everything that happened to me. He kissed my forehead like he used to when we were once married, and it still managed to raise those feelings I would feel back then.

Drishti:- chale?

Rakshit:- chalo

I did not intend to be super fast, but I had to make some moves to show him I was getting out of Vicky's death and started considering him in my life too. When we left the hotel after he changed to informal clothes, I slipped my hand in his and walked at an intimate distance beside him.

I felt him getting conscious when it happened and the smile of his did not go unnoticed by me. We visited many places and enjoyed a lot. I laughed like I used to and spent that time happily with him. The next few days went like this too. We went shopping, talking to Sargun on phone, even if we did not understand a word she said- just her loud papa papa and her crying, hearing which Rakshit got so anxious that I swear he would've taken the first flight out if not for me. Because he wanted to spend some time with me too.

The last night there

I was laying beside Rakshit on the bed as he was narrating me the time he spent when I was not there. Amazed by how happily and innocently he narrated that time, I felt bad at how much pain he had to feel.

Rakshit:- par ab tum mere ho. Mujhe aur kuch nai chahea.

As he was about to explain something else I rolled to his side and put ky hand around his waist, burying my head in his chest. His breath hitched for the first few seconds before deepening. Hesitantly he out his arm around me and asked me if I was alright.

I looked at me while placing my chin on his chest and smiled.

Drishti:- mein theek hun.

All his efforts, his patience, the way he took care of me, the way he was always there even if that gave him pain. He had committed a mistake, but he had his part of punishment and pain.

Afterall he was successful in making an impact on me and my poor heart. I laughed remembering he used to say Rakshit Shergill never loses.

Rakshit:- has kyu rai ho?

Drishti(snuggling closer):- bas (Smiling) aise hi.

I kept my hand on his cheek and admired him carefully after so long. After seven years I admired him carefully. I mived a little upwards and placed my head beside his. His arm was below my head so I moved a bit more forward so that he could move it and fold it around me if he wanted. He started behaving strangely, and we all know why he did that.

We rested in that position for the rest of night, dozing off to sleep after saying-

Drishti:- your heart still beats faster near me, right?

Rakshit:- just like your breathing still stops.

Whoever says only incomplete stories are true one, sorry to break it to you. Many complete ones are also true love. Incomplete ones are beautiful indeed, but the true ones also have their own spark.