Chapter 2- Stick To Your Door

Name change- Madhu to Kaira.

Rakshit-

One of the worst feelings is being helpless, especially when you know that you could have changed by but you let it go. When she was there I supported her at times when I could, but it was me who would say so much to her which balanced the maybe little good I did for her.

When mom asked me if we had a genuine husband wife relation and Lavanya accompanied her, Drishti told me how disgusted she felt. She asked me if I wanted a wife or a prostitute that he would leave if I didn't get what I wanted.

That hurt her, more than it hurt me.

The divorce happened after we kissed, so it was obvious that she felt a little used. And I never dared to clarify it.

It wasn't that I never tried to find her. I searched for her everywhere I could, every single day. The day I found her I took a lily in my hand, and ran to her house without listening to what Vinay was about to tell me.

Those joyous steps, that hope, that feeling, that lily. It was like I got all the happiness I've ever wanted. It had been a complete year.

When I reached her house something in me shattered as I watched her hug her brother in a bridal dress. There she stood, all bridened up, but not for me. Something again broke. The hopes, the joy, the feeling, even the Lily's energy to stand properly.

Romi said something in her ears to which she slapped him and started laughing. I stood like a lifeless body, watching them sit in a car and drive away.

Leaving no minute ahead I followed them on foot. Only because the car's speed was slow, I was able to keep pace with it. I ran for half an hour, my lungs ready to collapse the minute I stopped. Just the cardio I did saved me.

The car halted in front of a wedding venue where it was written on a heart shaped plate,

Drishti Sood weds Vicky Malhotra

She couldn't- could she?

Vicky Malhotra was my friend. They never met but- my friend?

I remembered getting his invitations to his wedding but drinking all day and trying to find Drishti I never replied.

Romi got outside the car and held out a hand for his sister. As soon as she got outside she arranged her dress, the same way she did when I entered our room the night we got married.

I watched them enter the avenue while being paralyzed at my place. I wanted to move but something in my body gave up. The energy left my body as my tear stuck eyes continued looking at the marriage board.

That day I wanted to stop the marriage but Vinay stopped me on time saying that security was strictly ordered to not let me in. Romi had seen me and he wouldn't let me get near his sister.

The hurtful thing was that it wasn't an arranged marriage. It wasn't against her will. It wasn't breaking her heart as it was breaking mine.

Vicky met her two months after her divorce and supported her when she needed him. Vicky was Kaira's cousin so it was easy for him to reach her.

They say they fell in love. Did they?

Was it too easy to replace a person you loved? Or did she never love me?

As if I gave her memeories to miss me. The only thing I gave her was pain and just pain. The only memeories of us were me telling me how selfish she was, how fed up of her I was and how I wanted her to leave my life forever.

And I was asking myself why she didn't love me?

And you know what was more difficult that day- standing outside the venue and watching the entire ritual with my eyes. How they took the vows, how he filled her hairline and how he made her wear the nuptial chain.

Within minutes she was gone. All that was left was the empty venue and her brother passing me looks. Too disgusted to speak, he left. After he was gone, I destroyed the decorations while people tried stopping me.

Vinay ran to me and held me in his arms while I was kneeling on the ground, crying and yelling looking at the sky.

Vinay:- still remembering that day?

Vinay kept his hand on my shoulder and watched me cry, as usual. This time I didn't make a voice. It was just my lifeless body letting my tears out.

Rakshit:- I never forgot.

Vinay:- Rakshit sir, if you love her this much then don't move on. You can adopt a child and try spending a normal child with it.

Rakshit:- Drishti would have taken care of our child, right? Mrs. Shergill would have been here, yelling at me for being lazy and not taking our child's care while I would be sleeping on the bed ignoring her.

I laughed.

Rakshit:- My Mrs. Shergill-

Vinay:- Mrs. Malhotra

I laughed once again.

Rakshit:- Whatever I do, the heart doesn't believe it, it keeps forgetting. It just breaks and breaks and won't stop. There is no space in my heart for anyone Vinay, not even a child if she ain't there.

Vinay:- sir, she can never be. She's someone else's destiny.

Rakshit:- her name has now been erased from the palm of my hands and the one to erase it was me.

My eyes hurt from the crying, the ones that softened the moment they saw you. It was me who tricked you into marrying me, but it was also me who blamed it all on you because of my ego.

But I know what I wanted.

Rakshit:- Vinay?

Vinay:- yes sir?

Rakshit:- I want to see her baby.

Vinay:- what??!

Whether I have to laugh or cry, I'll look for you like someone crazy.

Vinay:- I Don't tell me you still trust that lady?

No one knows the future, who knows if this ain't our destiny? If we belong together?

The day I left all my hope and went to end my misery an old woman came to me to read my palm. She looked tired but had to earn something so I thought of giving her money, afterall my life was just for a few minutes now.

I gave her the money more than she asked for, an amount which will help her get out of all her misery. She blessed me and asked for my hand. I chuckled and showed my palm to her.

She said , "Don't lose hope son. The one in your destiny, the one that you might have lost, is still in your life. Whatever it is, its true. And what's true always finds a way. You'll get your love back son, just have patience"

And that was my hope.

Rakshit:- I do Vinay. A little, but I do.

Whether you are in love with me tomorrow or not, whether I have the permission tomorrow or not, with the pieces of my broken heart with me,
I'll stick to your door only.