Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

"Valerie, I don't mean to insult your intelligence but I must ask are you stupid? Your wearing a skirt as a shirt." Michael pointed out critically as Valerie adjusted the purple skirt she owned as if it were a shirt hiding the fact with a belt. It was Saturday afternoon and Valerie and Michael were going on there date forced upon them with Laila and Julian.

"It looks cute." She defended herself teasing her hair gently with her finger tips pursing her lips at the mirror as she always did.

"You look ridiculous, pull yourself together." Michael protested.

"I look good." Valerie finalized walking out the door of her room purposely swinging her hips like she always did as if someone cared.

"Don't take this the wrong way but I don't want to be seen with you looking like that." Michael laughed jokingly.

"You know what fine!" Valerie overreacted as usual stomping away to her room and slamming the door. A few minutes later she emerged again wearing a black tank top and tan pants with flower imprints.

"There is a God." Michael continued to tease earning an menacing glare from Valerie.

They drove to Muddy waters, where they were meeting Laila and Julian in comfortable silence. That little coffee shop had become Valerie and Michaels new hangout, where Valerie had made the habit of flirting shamelessly with Travis. Travis smiled and played along with her at times but truthfully she was beginning to get on his nerves.

"Hi Travis!" Valerie waved smiling like a fool when she arrived at the coffee shop.

"Why are you here?" Travis questioned tiredly not up for her games today.

"It's a coffee shop." Valerie laughed gaudily, approaching the counter and leaning on it as an attempt to show of her cleavage.

"Hello darling." Michael strolled up behind her ruining the moment as he planted a sloppy wet kiss on Valerie's cheek.

"Michael!" Valerie screeched snatching a napkin and wiping her cheek hurriedly. "What the hell!"

"Oh, so you two got together." Travis smirked and raised his eyebrows in Michael's direction.

"Wha-" Valerie began in shock.

"Yes we did, goodbye Travis." Michael winked sweeping Valerie off her feet bridal style and carrying her away from the counter.

"You're such an ass!" Valerie narrowed her eyes at Michael as he finally put her down "why did you do that?"

"I did that to save you from embarrassing yourself, yet again, in front of Travis." Michael admitted to her, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You know I'm starting to think you have your eyes on him, but he likes me you get it?" Valerie fumed practically yelling. Michael slapped a hand over her mouth before she revealed his secret to the entire room.

"You're wrong, I do not like Travis, he's totally not my type." Michael released Valerie running a hand through his hair.

"Oh, yes, and loud, obnoxious people are, right?" Valerie smirked returning to her playful demeanor.

"James is a hunk, your just in denial about it." Michael protested pointing a finger sharply at Valerie. She held her breath stifling a gigantic laugh, Michael opened his mouth to protest again but stopped when Julian yelled his name. He whirled around just in time as Laila and Julian approached.

"Do you want to get a table or go into the other room?" Laila asked.

"The other room sounds good." Michael smiled.

"Ok." Laila responded turning on her heal and walking into the other room. She sat on Julian's lap in a giant green plush chair crossing her legs. Valerie sat down closely next to Michael, however it wasn't long before he lifted her onto his lap in attempt to get on her nerves.

"I'm going to go get our drinks, Valerie your helping me." Laila stood and ordered Valerie to help.

"No I'm not." Valerie protested against being ordered around.

"Then you get nothing." Laila reasoned, smiling in a hatefully sweet way and walking away. Valerie got up and followed Laila reluctantly, grumbling to herself. Laila was a fairly sarcastic individual, all too direct and rather insulting at times. However, she was incredibly sexy and an exquisitely charming person in general so everyone worshiped the ground she walked on.

"So Michael is pretty sexy." She started as Valerie caught up to her.

"You're dating Julian." Valerie raised her eyebrows laughing slightly.

"So that means I can't have opinions about other guys?" Laila fired back mimicking Valerie's raised eyebrows.

"Okay then, Travis." Valerie questioned Laila's opinion. She laughed uproariously.

"If horse shit was piled up to his height, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference."

"That's awful." Valerie laughed dropping her jaw.

"No I'm kidding, that was mean." Laila grinned shaking her head.

"Then what is your opinion?" Valerie questioned curiously.

"That is a matter of opinion." Laila answered making playful creeper eyes.

"It's really not." Valerie furrowed her eyebrows as they approached counter where Travis stood.

"What do you want?" Laila turned to Valerie.

"Vanilla latte." She responded.

"Tell him not me, I don't work here." Laila cocked and eyebrow making Travis chuckle and attempt to hide it with his hand.

"Vanilla latte." She ordered from Travis, cheeks flaming.

"Three mocha lattes." Laila ordered for herself and the two boys.

"Okay for here or to go?"

"Here." Laila decided, Travis nodded and went to the counter in the back to make the drinks. When they were ready Valerie took two and Laila took two as well and they went back to their seats. Julian immediately stood and helped Laila with the coffee she was holding, whereas Michael propped his feet up on the table smiling like the devil in Valerie's direction.

"Serve me darling." He ordered her putting his hand out expectantly. Valerie pulled her lips together slightly making her irritated face and with much effort put on a fake giggle giving Michael his coffee. They all talked comfortably for a few minutes before Michael caught Valerie gawking at Travis waiting on a table. Michael sniggered prior to taking a huge slurp of his coffee bringing Valerie's attention to him. "So Valerie how do like the coffee." He asked smirking while referring to the code name he had created for Travis, coffee, Valerie looked down at her coffee smiling, understanding the reference.

"I haven't tasted it yet." She admitted glancing towards Michael from the corner of her eye.

"But I bet you completely want it in you." Michael laughed leaning back and sipping his own coffee. Valerie's eyes popped wide in surprise and she whipped her head towards Michael letting out an earth shattering shriek, that caught the attention of the entire shop.

"What are you talking about?" Julian questioned curious not knowing why 'coffee' was so special, because Michael and Valerie were the only ones that knew about the nickname coffee for now.

"Just coffee." Michael answered nonchalantly.

"Well Valerie coffee can be scary, I know." Laila began sarcastically "so next time be sure to scream louder I don't think they heard you in Uruguay, we must warn them about the coffee." She finished still sarcastic as ever a grin plastered across her features spreading to Michael as Travis approached to collect their coffee cups.

Vote/comment xx :)

Michael hates people ;)