Chapter 22

Raven

It would take a few weeks for a normal person to recover from severe injuries and it looks like Raven isn't one of them. He hasn't fully recovered, just yet, but he still dragged himself to get on his feet and go on with what he usually does in an everyday setup. 

Three days of being locked up in bed felt like years. Raven has been thinking he'd spent the last three days doing none when the last three days ended up for nothing.

He's had a lot of time that he's able to think a lot further of what had happened and what will happen. He's even come up with plans he believes are effective, and one of those is to come and meet Parker. One decision he's pretty hopeful with.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Raven asked when he couldn't stand Parker's hard stares any longer.

It's as if he's brought back to the present. He leaned back in his swiveling chair while shaking his head. "I'm sorry. It's just surprising to see you here all of a sudden and I was having a hard time thinking what could be the reason why."

Jacob, who's in the corner couldn't take his eyes off of Raven. A sight of Raven doesn't seem to please him. He's as confused as Parker.

"I thought you get it already. Haven't you thought of any reasons why would I show myself here?" He sniggers. "There's no other reason for me to be here and you should've known what is it by now."

As if on cue, Parker's eyes lit up when thoughts crosses his mind, and the exciting sensation strikes through his body.

Parker leaned forward. Lips starting to form a smile.

"Hold on. Am I getting the right idea?" It's as if something is interesting from how their conversation would be heading. "Was this about my offer?"

"I'm surprised it took you so long to realize."

"Hold on. I need a moment. Could you please tell me this isn't some kind of a joke. I mean, this isn't a dream. You're standing in front of me, talking about my offer. This thing's happening, right?"

"Do you really think I'll come here to play games with you?"

His lips stretched into a wide smile and just when Parker is about to stand and reach for him, Raven spoke. "But we aren't still making an agreement and we still haven't noting my conditions."

Jacob's jaw dropped in disbelief. He could not believe Raven and even though he has a lot of things to say he refrains from causing a scene as much as he wants to.

"Oh!, about that. What is it you wanted? C'mon, tell me whatever your conditions are." Parker walked up in front of Raven. Although he's still trying to process the situation he also wouldn't want to lose a chance even how frantic he's sounding.

"I'd like to clear things out first. Whatever the connections between us two, it isn't permanent and you must be aware I'll only do this until we get what we wanted with the help of each other."

Parker bobbed his head. "If that's what all you wanted, I see no problem with it—"

"And one more thing," He stared at him for a few seconds before he continued. "Let me deal your transaction with Benedict."

"What?!" Jacob shrieked the moment he could no longer restrain from keeping up in silence, which caused everyone in the room to look over his direction.

But Parker puts his attention on Raven which brought Jacob to silence. "Deal." He declared, seriously, extending his hand for a handshake and Raven accept it.

Parker still could not believe this is happening. His decision of teaming up with Raven was one thing he had never imagined he'll be doing. Five years seemed wasn't long enough to disregard what his old man did to him. But that's also the reason why he wants Raven to work with him.