Chapter 2

As soon as they told me, I burst in to more tears and cried and cried. They tried to talk to me, but I just ignored them both. How could they possibly do this to me. Why now? Why on my birthday? I had known something bad was happening between them, but I would never of dreamed that they were going to get divorced.

I hated them. Both of them. They soon left, after giving up on me. I didn't know what to do, or what to think.

About an hour had passed when I remembered my big idea. I had forgotten about that, and now I had an extremely good reason to run away. Just as I was starting to find my note pad to make an escape plan, my mum came in my room. I was to angry and upset to argue about barging in, but I pretty much ignored what she was saying to me. It was just the babble I had expected before. She tried and failed to get me to sit down and talk to her, so she just gave up and left me in peace.

When she left, I found my travel bag and was sorting through what clothes I could take. As my birthday is on the July 31st, it was very hot, so I decided to take 3 pairs of shorts, 2 three quarter length trousers and a pair of joggers. As for tops, 2 strappy, 2 t-shirts, a summer dress and a jumper.

As I was putting it all in my bag, I knew I needed food.

So in the evening, when my supposed mum went to work, and my nearly ex dad went to the pub, I went to the kitchen and took what I thought was important and filled up my water bottle. Then I went up to bed.

I set my alarm for 11:25pm, which left me time to wake up and get ready. When my alarm woke me up, and I was putting Georgia in my bag, I realised that I needed a way to get out. I knew I had to leave tonight, preferable now, But how?