Chapter 2

The air was chilling and the street lights were dim. Not many people were out walking around, considering the hour. It was around eleven at night, maybe a little past and Harry sat on a bench used for the buses that weren't even running. He had his hands in his coat, staring down every car that drove by until he couldn't see them down the street anymore.

He was almost at an unresponsive state of mind until his phone went off, nearly scaring him off the bench. It surely didn't help that his ringtone happened to be a lady screaming her head off, which he somehow managed to custom download, he didn't regret it though. He brought his phone out of his pocket to see it lit up with a text notification. He sighed, unlocking his phone to check the new message from Zayn. It read:

Seven to go. :)

He tightened his grip on the device, breathing heavily out of his nose until he managed to lock his phone again, shoving it back into his pocket with nostrils flaring. His head immediately turned to the left once he saw something moving in the corner of his eye off into the distance, only to drop his shoulders and roll his eyes back when he saw it was just a mother and her small child. He actually had a heart, he couldn't do that, he'd never forgive himself. It bothered him that Zayn could find victims so easily, so quickly, while Harry had a hard time just finding someone who even looked practical enough to murder.

It's as if he thought too soon, turning his head slightly more to the left to see a middle aged man walking on the sidewalk, counting papers in his hands, completely unaware of his surroundings or Harry, who was staring him down like prey. Harry turned his head straight forward as the man passed behind him, before looking to his right at the man again, who turned down an alley way and it was almost as if he was asking for it. Harry stood up from the bench, glancing around before following the man's path, looking over his shoulder one more time before turning down the same alley, seeing the man walking halfway down it.

Harry continuously flexed his fingers in his winter gloves, occasionally balling them up into fists with a tight squeeze then wiggling them out as he grew closer to the man. He focused on a tactic; how he was going to approach the man, if he should say anything or get right into it, how he could possibly get a man twice his size down on the ground. Before he even settled on a plan, he was charging the man from behind, jumping at him in order to punch him in the head, catching him off guard, but the second punch was the one that got him to the ground. As the man slowly fell to his knees, Harry reached around and managed to jab him in his gut a few times with a tight fist, until he had the man right where he wanted him. He was able to grab the man by his neck from behind, falling back with the man laying back on his stomach, struggling though there really was no point to it. Harry bit his lip in concentration, pushing the man down his body until he was able to wrap his legs around the man's neck, tightening them as the man thrashed on the ground.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths, Harry thought to himself, because in moments like these he often forgot to breathe sometimes, which made him weaker and he wasn't about to lose this fight. This man was his. He was silent, staring up at the stars in the sky peacefully on his back as the man struggled between his legs, which he only tightened with every move. It was a couple minutes before the man fell limp, and the coughing and choking ended and Harry couldn't be anymore relieved, though he was sad it ended so soon. He waited a couple moments just for extra precaution before releasing the body and standing up. He brushed himself off before dragging the body over to the nearest dumpster then lifting the top of it. It took a couple seconds for him to gather his strength before lifting the body over his shoulder and nearly throwing it into the bin.

-

Harry walked towards the elevator of his apartment building, swinging his keys around his finger as he whistled to a familiar tune, perhaps it was 'Animal Crackers In My Soup' sung by Shirley Temple. The elevator doors opened and he stepped in, pressing the sixth level button and shoving his hands in his pants pockets as the doors closed and the elevator started to rise. The doors opened again moments later and he almost stepped out, realizing it wasn't his floor then seeing one of the maintenance men stepping in next to him. He shifted over a bit, making room for the man after a slight nod as a hello. As the elevator doors began to close yet again, he noticed a familiar face down the hallway, shrugging it off before the doors were almost fully closed and he realized exactly who it was.

It was one of the girls he was having an affair with at the time, kissing and hugging on some other guy who he had definitely seen around the complex before. He threw his arm out between the doors, causing them to retract back as he stared at the happy couple down the hall. His chest rose and fell as he tried hard to not completely lose it in front of one of the building employees. He wasn't quite sure why he was so livid, they weren't official, it was more of just messing around but for some odd reason he was seeing red, and nothing but.

"Sir?"

The man's voice aside of him snapped him out of his trance, "Oh, 'm really sorry about that, thought I saw someone who I haven't seen in a while. My apologies." Harry's voice came out raspy and low, pulling back from the doors, "What floor?"

"Eight, please. Thank you."

He pressed the sixth button before pressing the eighth, folding his hands in front of him as he watched the girl and her new guy slip into an apartment and Harry managed to count the doors down to the apartment for future reference as the doors slowly closed and he was on his way up.