Chapter 14 : Hiding behind a Mask

✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Enjoy and Comment ✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧

(\_/)
(•x•)
(<🍦)

_____________________________________________________________

Sytara laughed so much that she almost fell from her chair. My pride was shattered below the point of no return. Even Nix could not help but laughing as well when Sytara shared my cosplay photo during the teleconference call.

Talk about a coincidence. Gareth and Alex were both in the photography club. Norman and his crew had asked them earlier to help them shooting photos to prepare their application to the contest. First they had to send photo of each character they would cosplay. They would be noted and the average notation of their team would determine if they would be qualified to participate in the live event.

- Are you done laughing, I asked annoyed. Can we move on ?

- Yes yes of course, Nix replied trying to catch her breath. Basically the approach should not be that different. You still have to gather information about the targets.

- We have to be careful. We have two targets to watch out at the same time now. Evren off.

- See you Queen Daisy, they both said before laughing out loud again.

Sweet Macaroni...

As soon as I log out the conversation, I collapsed my whole body on my bed. I felt like the whole universe was against me. I hoped Linda would never find out about this story. Without thinking about it, I grabbed the 4th volume of the Tale of the Emerald Kingdom and started reading. Before I realize it, I had read the10th volume and would have to ask Marisol for the next one.

----------

Norman was a good club leader. He was entirely dedicated to his role. When he was not cosplaying, he has his natural blonde hair with a lock going down on his forehead. He was a dynamo and it was Marisol who had to calm him most of the time. She was the most rigorous among them. It did not take me long to discover that the two of them knew each other for a long time. She played the lady version of Queen Daisy. Her character reflected perfectly her avatar. Oddly, I caught her looking at me and Sytara several times. Did I have something on my face ?

Mac and Griff were best friends. The first was very small, the other was the highest of us all. Even King Eli would seem small compared to him. Zoe was a former track and field member. She had stopped practicing because of an ankle injury for several months. In the meantime, she tried to look for other interest and ended up in the literature club. Since that time, she gave up on athletics and spent her time with the club's folks. She immediately got on well with Sytara. They all did. She really was a sleeping agent. She could switch attitude in a few seconds and knew exactly what to say to get accepted. She was seen as a bright, cheerful and trustful girl. At the contrary, most of club member seemed to be afraid of me. My impatience during our first encounter did not work in my favor either. Somehow they may have felt that I was forcing myself with the disguise. But they seemed to be relieved that I have accepted nonetheless. It has always been difficult for me to approach others. It took 12 years until I make friends. And those were just Mick and Cal.

Alex and Gareth were with us everyday. Thanks to their picture, the club members could see where they had to improve their costume. So much more than a literature club, we were now a crafting club. The girls were sewing whereas the guys were making the accessories from cardboard boxes and plastic scraps. Alex and Gareth were very nice to help us. Alex particularly was amazed by the girls' work at sewing. His complete name was Alexander Linden, he was from Sweden, freshman. He had beautiful blue eyes, and very blonde hair. His skin was smooth nearly perfect like a model. Gareth seemed to have fun, switching his browny hair for the different wig he could find. At a moment he even took the love staff, climb on a table and played Cupid by sending heart to every girl. Everyone laughed at his acting which was really funny. He went so far in his role that he almost fell off the table, which makes us laugh even more. The atmosphere was light.