1.

I walk on the dusty road with my bike in my hand. I feel the sun shine on my dark skin, warming me up like only a sun in the early spring could.

I wish I had someone to talk to right now. I really need to tell someone about my book and why it was so frickin' amazing! I think that, when i get to my school, Evy is free to listen to this beautiful story.

I look over to the woods on my left side, how amazing would it be to live in a magical world, with magical creatures and magical forests. I grab my phone to make a picture of the sunlight on the trees, I open snapchat and instantly see my own brown curly hair. I click to the back camera and take a few pictures of the trees, I hear something move and see that a bunny has decided to join my photoshoot. I quietly take a couple of pictures, afraid to scare the bunny off, and see that I only have 10 minutes left before my class start. I take a couple of steps before I jump on my bike and cross over the dusty sand.

***

I walk into the classroom, breathing heavily and sweat dripping down my back.
"Ms. Diaz. I hope you have a great explanation for storming into the class like this and being-", she lifts her arm and looks at her watch,"7 minutes to late. We have already started our prayer for today, please sit down so you can join us.". I nod and take place next to Evy, who stares at me with a confusing look. I try to signal something like 'I saw a bunny in the woods and I had to take a pictures' but I don't think she got it.
"Lets continue our prayer, my dears. Dear God, we are very thankful for another day...", I close my eyes and try to control my breath. This is going to be a long, long, long day.

***

"Ughh I can't believe we had to write down her whole powerpoint, doesn't she make that so we don't have to memorize everything?" I hear while Evy stroll's down the hall. I close my locker and turn around to see her giving me a pretty good imitation of Ms. Miller.
"Ahhh... I can see that you are exactly 0.005 secondes too late to my class. Let's pray together so all of you won't turn out to be the failures that I think you'll be", she clasps her hands together just when Ms. Miller walks around the corner.
"Evy I would-" I try to say, holding in my laugh, when I hear Ms. Miller's voice through the hall.
"Do you think that is funny, Ms. Baker? Please explain to me why you aren't home yet, it is strictly forbidden to 'hang', as you teenagers call it, at school. I hope for everyone's sake that you weren't pretending to be one of the teachers?".
When I tell you Evy's face was as red as a tomato, I'm not lying. She turns around to face Ms. Miller, clearly trying to think of a good answer to give to her.
"Ms. Miller! How nice to see you again! I certainly hope you didn't think I would do something as disrespectful as pretending to be a teacher. I hope you know I have to much respect and love towards the amazing job all of my teachers do to do something like that. And speaking of 'hanging' in the school, we were just about to go home and work on our homework", she says with the biggest, fakest smile I have ever seen.
"Well if that's the case, thank you very much ladies. Have a safe ride home and since you will be working on your homework this evening I don't want to see any empty pages in my class tomorrow. I hope you two have a wonderful day!", Ms. Miller answers with just as big of a fake smile as Evy has on her face. She walks to another teacher and together they parade onto the stairs.
"Oh. My. Goodness. How great of a safe was that? I totally got us out of detention!", Evy yells.
"Yes! I mean, I think everyone could have done that if they would say 'I have so much respect and love towards the amazing job all of my teachers do to do something like that' but yeah whatever. Now we have to make our homework though because I'm pretty sure she will check our notes tomorrow." I reply as I start walking towards our bikes.

I grab my bike while we talk about the imitation Evy did and, when Evy stands next to me, I bike onto the dusty road and say goodbye to my friend. Another day survived as a student of the most Christian school in town.

(04-03-22 06:07)

WELL HELLO THERE SHAWTY'S :) yes i started another book. yes i've started 6 books already without finishing them. yes i plan to finish this one because i plan to actually make this a physical book, like my own ya fantasy/murder mystery book :) i want to write this as sort of a first draft but also to see how many people would be interested in reading a book like this so please leave any notes in the comments so i can better my work :) i also wanna say that i'm not an english man so some of the sentences might be a little weird. i hope you enjoy it :)