Monday

He woke up, tired of everything in life and not wanting to get out of bed, but he had to. He had decided to start on a new page and help as many people as he could.

He freshened up, got dressed and prepared himself to leave. As he left his apartment, he saw an old man, tired and weak. He was clearly starving and in pain. He noticed that the man was walking barefeet, and the hot pavement burned his feet.

"This is it, my first good deed. God himself wants me to do this." he thought to himself. He called the old man in, and gave him food and told him to stay for the day. He dressed him up and took him out for lunch and bought him new clothes and shoes. He could see the happiness in the old man's eyes.

As they parted ways, he saw the man crying. "what's wrong? I thought I did everything I could. If I left something out then please tell me, I will do it to help you." he said.
The man just shook his head and said, "no, you've done everything you can, and I'm not crying because you left something out. I'm crying because my own son threw me out of my house and treated me like a stranger, and seeing such kindness from a stranger was the last thing I expected."
He was shocked. Shocked at how someone could do this to their own father. He pulled the old man in a tight embrace and said, "it's OK. You have me now. You know where I live, if you need anything, just come to me."
The old man smiled, and it was a genuine smile which reached his eyes. He felt happy, and great. He never felt this before. He knew his day was well spent and couldn't wait for another one to come.