Chapter 3

I nodded slowly and slightly and the voice spoke once more."Ok!"

My thoughts began to scatter and clear from my mind.

I don't know how to describe it.

Dimensions, materials, structures, EVERYTHING!?!?

Chemicals that should have taken a lifetime to compose.

Substances which I had never imagined existed.

It was amazing!

Information which would have taken years of identification jammed into my brain at that very moment.

The ruminations paralyzed me as the knowledge flowed around in my head like a raging river. Excitement captured me in an inescapable grip which pushed aside my basic common sence.

I spent 3 weeks obsessing over this...thing in my lab not eating or resting. Blood, sweat, and tears all became a fragment of this cryptic mechanism.

After completing the last pieces, I fixed my gaze onto my creation, yet its stared down at me, towering over me.

"Now throw the switch!"

I hesitated pondering the consequences. Explosions, black holes, or...."THROW IT."

My brainwork bounded away in a startled jump.

The switch lowered briskly with no restistence from my force till it reached the end of its shaft.

Merciless, absurd, mocking laughing came from the radio as I abandon my grasp, plunging it to the fuchsia carpet. Slender hands sprouted from the floorboards and engulfing me till all that was left was darkness.