Vol 3.2

The endless summer sea. The infinite blue skies. The perfectly clear air. Here, in the midst of the Pacific Ocean, we didn't feel the intense midsummer heat, and the gentle sea breeze kissed our bodies. Yes, this really was an oceanic paradise.

I can't even remember the last time I had a vacation.

"Whoa! This is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-" I don't know how long he is going to scream. This fine kid is one of my class little pervert, Ike Kanji. Don't know why I introduced him when I have known this guy for the past 4 months, more or less.

Normally, someone would have grumbled or shouted "shut up" in response. But just for today, no one minded, instead enjoying this moment of bliss. The view from the "special seats" on the deck was exceptionally gorgeous.

"This view is incredible! I'm honestly super moved right now!"

A group of girls led by Karuizawa came out from the ship's cabin. She pointed out to the expansive ocean, wearing a radiant smile.

"Seriously, the scenery here is just amazing!"

Kushida Kikyou was also present among the group of girls. It looked like the extraordinary view had stolen her breath away.

After overcoming numerous hardships, midterms, and the final exam, we had welcomed summer vacation with open arms. The Advanced Nurturing High School had arranged for an extravagant two-week trip— a cruise on a luxury liner.

This was certainly no ordinary trip. At our government-sponsored school, there was absolutely no need for us to pay for tuition or other miscellaneous expenses—which, of course, included this trip. We received the best of special treatment. It's almost suspicious, or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

"Around noon, we can go onto the island's private beach and swim around as much as we want. I can't wait!" Apparently, I was thinking too much that the conversation between the Idiot Trio, I didn't name it, has finished.

"Attention, students. Please assemble on the deck. You will be able to see the island soon. This is a good time to take in some rather significant scenery."

This is rather strange announcement issued from the ship's PA. Kushida and the others, excluding Ayanokouji, didn't seem to mind, looking forward to what was to come.

"Hey, you're in the way.  Move it, you defects."

One of the boys tried to intimidate Ayanokouji and shoved his shoulder.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

"Hey, what the hell are you guys doing?!"

Sudou immediately respond in kind, while I grab this rude person's shoulder.

"Get back here, you asshole." I said.

"I don't care which classes you are from. You better apologise or else you're going to have a bad time this summer, you understand?"

"And what are you going to do if I don't apologise?" He asked, as if trying to mock me.

"Didn't you hear? Or are you the one being defective here? I said, apologise or else you're going to have a bad time." 

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Oops. He just got a thousand years of death. Not my fault.

10 minutes later

An announcement came over the PA speakers. "We will disembark in 30 minutes. Please assemble on deck. All students should have changed into their jerseys. Make sure to check your designated bag and your luggage, do not forget your cell phone. Please keep all other personal belongings in your room. There is a possibility that you will not be able to visit the bathroom for some time, so please do so now."