Decisions

"Sandale! Kumalma ang lahat!" I heard Caitlin say.

I'm inside my room as the outside is very chaotic. Jhoana is attempting to talk to me but Deanna and Kianna won't allow it. Ayoko rin naman. Actually, I  don't want to deal with any of them.

"Caitlin, I just want to clear things out with Bea." Jhoana pleaded.

"Kung ayaw mong saktan ang kaibigan ko, you shouldn't have any issues to clear out in the first place." Rinig kong sagot ni Kianna.

I covered my ears with pillow but I can still hear them. Ugh.

"Kianna, please. My flight is this afternoon."

"Ate Jho, tama na. Kasi kahit ano pang sabihin mo, hindi ka rin naman gustong makausap ni ate Bea." Deanna said.

They still continue to argue. Naririnig ko rin si Caitlin na pumagitna but knowing how persistent Jho is and knowing how my friends wouldn't back down, I don't think this argument will end today.

Gusto kong lumayo pero ayoko naman silang harapin.
So paano tayo lalabas??

I paced back and forth in my room, thinking of what to do. I cannot just stay here.

.. and then I saw my window.

Yes, as silly as it is, I think I can jump out of the window. Binuksan ko ang aking bintana at sinuri kung ano ang lalapagan ko sa labas.

I think it's pretty safe since damuhan lang naman.

"You know what? Why don't we ask Bea on what she wants?" I heard Jhoana say.

Oh crap. I guess I have to do it now.

I grabbed my phone and slowly jumped out of the window. Medyo napalakas ako ng talon kaya hindi rin ganoon kaganda ang landing ko. It kind of hurt but I tried not to make any noise so they won't hear me.

Tumayo ako at pinagpag ang mga dumi sa tuhod ko. I was about to happily runaway when..

"Bea?"

I turned and I saw Dwight.

Ugh, almost.

"H-hey." Nahihiya kong sagot.

He turned to the window and then looked back at me. Parang confused siya sa mga ginawa ko but he let it go.

"Can I talk with you?"

"Jumped out of the window to escape but I have no choice now, so I guess yes." I whispered to myself.

He walked towards me. "Uh.. I apologize for what happened last night."

I sighed, turned against him and walked away.

"Bea, please give Jhoana a chance to explain."

Nilingon ko siya. "You don't know what happened between us, Dwight. You have no right to demand that from me."

"I know about you guys. Maybe not all, but I know what happened."

"You can understand then where I am coming from." Sabi ko naman.

Patuloy ako sa paglalakad, patuloy ding sumusunod si Dwight.

Until he said. "This is her last chance."

I stopped my tracks. What does that mean?

He felt that I am listening so he continued. "Jhoana is about to be dropped by our company."

What the hell?

Now, my full attention is on him. "What?" I said as I turn to him.

He sighed. "Jhoana's performace has dropped for the past year and our company is not satisfied with her. She was about to be fired but when our editor in chief knew that Jho is connected with you. They gave her a last chance to redeem herself."