Please Hold My Hand

After our lunch, we proceeded to my previous training track. To be honest, I'm very nervous. It will be my first time since my accident to be back on a track.

Yes yes, I still bike but coming back to where it reminds me of the competition? The sport? My life for almost 10 years? Yun yung hindi ko kinaya for the past years.

My fingers keep on tapping the car's door while we're on our way.

"We're here." Deanna, who is the one who drove, said as we arrive.

I had to have deep breaths before going down.

"Bea."

I turned to Jho, who is sitted beside me.

"It's ok if you can't." She smiled resassuringly. Napansin niya siguro that I am having anxiety attacks.

"We can cancel the shoot here and find an alternative."

I forced to smile. "Kaya."

-November 21, 2016-

South Korea Cycling Cup 2016

This is my first road race competition after winning in the Olympics. Eversince I won a medal, I have to be honest there is more pressure and not just from myself and my team now, but the whole Philippines since the nation has become more aware of the sport.

More eyes. More at stake also.

"Bebu, we have to eat breakfast now kasi 9am yung briefing ninyo." Jhoana says, as she packs our essentials for the competition before going out of our hotel room.

Yes, Jhoana is here with me even if she's not covering the competition. She's not here for work. She's here for me.

Sabi niya this will be her first competition as stage jowa that is why she opted to be with me.

Sobra akong kinikilig actually, aside from she's like being my manager now as she's handling my schedules and everything that I need, more importantly with her mere presence.. I feel more confident.. her being here comforts me.

"Beatriz, tara." She offered her hand. I chuckled as I get it and she pulled me.

Todo asikaso pa rin sakin si Jhoana hanggang sa pagkain namin up to the briefing.

Journalist talaga yung jowa ko, may dala siyang notebook so she can take notes of the important rules.

As the briefing continues, dumating sina Deanna at coach.

"Oh, tapos na briefing sa leg mo?" I asked Deanna. She will be competing for the sprint competition.

She nodded. "We have news."

Jhoana and I turned to them.

"Asian Cyclists Group released their predictions of the result of the competition." Deanna started to say.

"Wait, sino tong Asian Cyclists Group?" Singit na tanong ni Jho.

I answered her. "It's a formidable group of cyclists. Most of the members are medalists and legends."

"Their endorsement is a big boost." Dagdag ni coach.

"So.. what were their predictions?" I asked Deanna.

I am very curious and of course, I am expecting. I've never been on top 3 of their predictions ever. I hope my olympic win is a boost.

Nagtinginan sila ni coach bago siya magsalita. "They chose the China representative over you."