Chapter 23- Let's say goodbye

Chae Rin's POV

As we walked to the mountains, my arm was grabbed once again, turning to the side I watch as Wu Jin frowns, eyes looking ahead as he continues to run behind his sister.
"It's coming" I whisper weakly at him, his movements stopping as he turned to look at me.
"What is?" he asks in a slight panic.
"Explosions" I reply, a few seconds later an explosion hits the school, startling everyone.

"On Jo!" I yell, grabbing Wu Jin's arm as I raced my best to On Jo, pushing Wu Jin down as I stood over them protectively, dirt and debris from the explosion coming our way in a fast manner.
Rocks hit everyone until I open my eyes, Ha Ri in the route of a metal pole.
"Chae Rin!" Joon Yeong shouts reaching for me but he's too late.
"Ha Ri!" I yell pushing her out the way, I could feel the pole go through me as I laid on the ground.
But I had no time to think about it for long as a debris came in strong, knocking me out.

3rd Person's POV

Waking up from the debris, everyone was a little shaken, dirt still flying around the air as it set on their bodies as they laid on the floor.
Nighttime had already settled when the students woke up one by one.
"Chae Rin" On Jo whispered as she crawled her way to her best friend who was still unconscious, a metal stick going through her stomach.
"Chae Rin" she called louder, shaking the girl's hand, not wanting to harm the girl any further.

The altercation caught the attention of the others, one by one looking at the two, On Jo let out a tear, imagining the worst, that is until the girl laying down groaned softly.
Everyone releasing a sigh of relief as they circled around her.
"Chae Rin, are you okay?" Joon Yeong asked the friend who had a scowl on her face.
"How long were we out for?" The girl questioned the group.
"A few hours at least... We just woke up too" The latter told the girl, looking around nervously.

"We need to take this out of you..." Ha Ri informed her, Chae Rin frowns confused as she looked down. Eyes widening as she sees the pole sticking out of her.
"Please knock me out first" She suggests.
"We can't, you might die if you're not awake. I'll make it quick" Ha Ri assured the younger girl.
"I'll do it, I'm faster, and stronger" Nam Ra imposed, the older nodding as the prez walked closer until she was kneeling besides her friend.

"Count until 3 please" Chae Rin pleaded the girl.
"Ok. I'll start now. 1, 2 -"
"Wait! Wait! Can someone please hold my hand" she closed her eyes tightly, only opening them when she felt a hand grip hers, On Jo by her side comforting her.
"Ok, ready? 1, 2 -" and before 3 Nam Ra pulled it out, the girl giving a blood curling scream of pain.
"Shit!" She cussed, sighing in relief at the end.

"Are you okay?" Dae Su questions the girl looking over Nam Ra's shoulder, Chae Rin smiles at him nodding.
"Much better, how's your leg?" She asks, Dae Su frowns looking down noticing his own wound.
"It's fine" He smiled back.
"Let's stay here for the night... leave in the morning" Ha Ri told the group who nodded complying to her idea.

As everyone began to close their eyes, Chae Rin's wound tingled, as it began to heal and soon after it had completely healed over, not a single scar there to watch.
She watched as her friends fell asleep before quietly standing up, looking around with every step as twigs snapped, and she stepped on leafs, thankfully not a single person waking up as she went down the hill.

In front of her was the building in construction they had just left a few hours ago, a few walls broken and debris everywhere, but the girl ignored it all as she made her way inside, trying to use her senses to smell either it was human or zombies.
But her senses didn't get anything, not a single thing at all.
Swallowing her tears she made her way up, going over the window they had been, watching the now dry blood of Cheong San.