Chapter 10: America by M83

Camila takes Lauren home so that she can shower (alone so she can actually get clean) and change into some new clothes. She wants to tell Lara about the relationship tonight and she wants Lauren to be there.

As Lauren step out of the shower she get a phone call. It's Dinah. She groans, "How much did I drink last night?"

Lauren chuckle. "I don't know. Camila and I left."

"Oh yeah," Dinah seems offended. "You left to have sex. And you left me alone with Ariana."

Lauren take her towel off of her torso and use it to start drying her hair. "What did you two talk about?"

"We fought until Siope came over again to ask me to dance," Dinah sighs. "I'm so glad you're here so that I don't have to put up with her anymore."

"You may," Lauren drop the towel and walk into her closet to try to find something to wear. "Last night I told her that if things don't work out in New York that she not only has Camila to come back to, but me as well."

"Were you high?" Dinah's voice raises an octave.

Lauren can't help, but smile. "No. I may have been dehydrated though."

Dinah laughs and says something about that being too much information. Lauren make some plans to have dinner with her in a few days and hang up so she can finish getting ready.

She suddenly feel really nervous when she get to Camila and Lara's house. Camila has a plan that involves pizza and movie night. Lauren grab the pizzas on the way over and knock on the door.

Lauren know that Lara supports their relationship, but she's still apprehensive about her reaction.

Lara opens the door and gives her a huge smile. "Hi!"

Lauren smile back and accept a hug that she gives her. Then she pulls her inside and closes the door. "We're gonna watch The Incredibles!"

"Yay," Lauren say even though she have never heard of that movie.

"Mommy!" Lara calls, "Lauren's here!"

Camila appears in the doorway of the kitchen and smiles at Lauren. "Hey. I was just putting up all the stuff for the ice cream sundaes for after dinner."

"I can't wait," Lauren smile back. She want to kiss her, but she don't think that's allowed yet. She just awkwardly wave and set the pizzas down on the coffee table.

Lara skips over to the TV and puts the DVD into the player.

"Wait," Camila says as they sit on the couch. She looks at Lara. "Before we start the movie, Lauren and I have something to tell you."

Lara looks at them both and her eyebrows furrow. "What?"

Camila licks her lips and looks to Lauren. Lauren smile at Lara, wringing Lauren's hands. "I'm dating your mom now."

It takes Lara a minute to connect the dots and let it sink in. Then she smiles and runs over to Lauren, hugging her. "Yes!"

Lauren smile and rub her back. "Really?"

She nods and pulls away. "Where did you go on a date?"

That leaves Lauren speechless. She don't really have an answer. She haven't really been out on a real date. That does not sit right with her. She lick her lips and look up at Camila who sits next to her on the couch. She takes one of Lara's hands. "Well last night we went dancing. And we're going to go out again tomorrow night."

"Can I come?" Lara asks, her eyes bouncing between them both.

Camila looks questioningly at Lauren, apparently leaving it up to her.