The Adult Prom

Yelena groans resting her head on the table.

-

"You look like you could use some company." Judd says, taking a seat next to Yelena.

"Hailey sent you didn't she?" Yelena asks, without lifting her head.

"No." Judd shakes his head.

"Then why are you here?" Yelena asks, keeping her head down.

"What's up with you?" Judd asks concerned.

"I'm frustrated Judd." Yelena sighs.

"No. I think it's more than that." Judd chuckles.

"Oh boy you wouldn't want to know, the frustration I'm struggling with." Yelena sits up to look at Judd.

"I've heard you and Hailey with your little jokes." Judd raises an eyebrow.

"Prove it." Yelena challenges.

"This afternoon it was something about necklace shopping?" Judd says confused.

"Oh my god." Yelena laughs. "Judson Ryder walk away before you open that can of worms."

"Judson? Since when do you use-?"

"Walk away! You are too-" Yelena laughs, patting Judd's hand on the table. "You're a good southern boy. Walk away..."

"You didn't mean necklaces did you?" Judd asks, eyeing Yelena.

"Do you really want to do this?" Yelena asks, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Are you messing with me again?" Judd asks.

"No. I promise I won't mess with you. But you will learn things you might not be prepared for." Yelena smiles at Judd.

"Try me." Judd challenges.

"Okay." Yelena shrugs. "Where do I start?"

"The necklace." Judd states, staring at Yelena.

"I see you have a necklace that might be in my size. But it I think it's a little bigger than what I'm used to." Yelena looks down at the table.

"What? Wha-?" Judd follows Yelena's eyes. "Are you-? My-?"

"You are so dumb sometimes cowboy." Yelena mumbles, taking Judd's hand and placing it around her throat.

"Yelena!" Judd pulls his hand away placing it on his chest.