❝disappear like bubbles, stay here, stay here❞

short notice before you dive right into this :D

✗ chapter title from monsta x's underwater
✗ it's a long long one this time, so make sure to take breaks in between loveliessss
✗ a few """warnings""" before you start reading, but beware they contain spoilers, there's not gonna be any graphic depictions of violence, no descriptions of injuries, blood or the like but still:

「angst with a happy ending · heavy angst · near death experiences · assumed character death/dying (spoiler: they'll be fine!!) · poisoning · hurt/comfort 」

༉ · ─────── · 𓆝 · ─────── · ࿐

. .⃗ . 21,4k

When he was younger, Geonhak's mother had always warned him not to pick the flowers on the cliffs, telling him that the waves knew the humans' ardour of discovery and that the grip of the ocean laid in wait for curious feet on slippery rock.

But Geonhak had always reached out to follow the thrill of exploring the forbidden, the untouched, so that, years later, he ended up picking the most beautiful, the most dazzling and ravishing flower of them all, and it had been the most incredible experience that he would have never traded for the world.

So when his flower, his alien alter ego from another star had been ripped away from him, Geonhak decided that he wouldn't hesitate to tear the seas of this world down to get it back.

Because Geonhak wouldn't resign, not until he heard it from Seoho himself that he should refrain from storming and barging into his world any further, and certainly not until he knew that Seoho was safe. Seoho's disappearance was as sudden and quick as his arrival, but this time, the mystery around it was crooked and ominous – Geonhak felt it with the burning ache in his chest, the call of something that pulled him behind the vastness of the sea.

The strain made searching worth trying, it robbed him of sleep, patience, and his usual composure, but he had a lead, and that was all that mattered – finding Seoho was all that mattered.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I talk to you for a second? Outside?"

Geonhak brought an apologetic smile to his lips as he squeezed Keonhee's shoulder and tried to put a subtle flash of urgency in his eyes once his friend had acknowledged his presence.

Keonhee looked back and forth between Geonhak and Hwanwoong who was occupying the seat next to him in the café while sipping his iced coffee.

"Why are you looking at me? Go, go," Hwanwoong shooed as he gave Keonhee's arm a tender shove.

Geonhak caught Hwanwoong flashing him a genuine smile, and he wondered whether the younger had seen right through his jittery and restless nerves.

The chair slid over the floor tiles with a faint creak before Keonhee stood up and followed Geonhak out of the seaside café.

After the glass door had fallen shut behind them and silenced the lingering sound of the bright bell prompted with every leaving or entering customer, Geonhak began, "sorry for interrupting your date with Hwanwoong–"

"Would you please stop calling it that?" Keonhee interrupted with a whine and pursed his lips into a pout.

"Oh so you were making out just because." Geonhak couldn't supress the teasing grin that spread over his face alongside the heat under Keonhee's skin. "Keonhee, my dear, I saw everything."