𝐁𝐚𝐞𝐤 𝐊𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬-𝐈 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧, 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥. 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.

Baek Kyung Through the Looking Glass—I Mean, Portal. Again.

Eun Danoh pulled out of his grasp, grimacing in disgust at the cheesy lines she had been forced to say. Kyung stared at his hand, thinking about 'Trumpet Creeper' and himself and how he treated everyone around him but at the same time, he couldn't make head or tail of his thoughts. They were just...there.

He backed away, earning a surprised look from Eun Danoh. "Hey," she furrowed her brows, "Where are you...going?"

Kyung raced to the library to find Gyeoul and demand answers from her. He wanted to know if she had found a way to manipulate the portals to follow him around and torment him. But Gyeoul wasn't there. His worry grew. Very, very reluctantly, Kyung admitted to himself that maybe he didn't want her to leave after all.

He found Dohwa outside the A3 room, whistling to himself as he walked out of the door. "Have you seen Gyeoul?" He asked him.

Dohwa tilted his head curiously as if trying to recall her face. His mood instantly dampened. "Ah...no," he replied, "I don't think I saw her today. But I'm quite sure I met her a couple of times over the past few days. What's wrong?"

"If you see her, tell her I'm looking for her. Please," he added after a brief pause.

It was enough to incite a drastic reaction out of Dohwa. His brows nearly flew off his forehead as he asked, "Did you just say 'please'?"

Kyung turned around and left for class.

Fifteen-year-old Kyung leaned against Gyeoul's work table, flipping through her sketchbook in mild surprise. Moments later, Gyeoul walked in, jumping in surprise at the sight of him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, still cross, "Get out of my room! You're not allowed in here anymore." She struggled to push him but he was taller and broader than her and didn't move an inch.

He gestured at the sketchbook, "That's me in there. What am I, your new study or something?"

"None of your business. I'm never talking to you ever again anyway so you can leave!"

Sighing, he shrugged her hands off of him, gentler than how Kyung from Secret could ever imagine himself to be. "Gyeoul, I'm sorry."

"No, you're not. You're a liar," she snatched the sketchbook away from him, hiding it in one of the shelves that seemed to overflow with paper and more sketchbooks.

"Look, I'm serious. I didn't mean to be a jerk to you."

Gyeoul paused, fiddling with the paintbrushes in the pen stand. "I'm okay with not having a lot of friends like you, Kyung," she said, "People make me uncomfortable. Maybe I'll grow out of it. Maybe I won't. I'm fine with it either way. But I've seen you every day of my life. And it's probably pitiful to hear but sometimes I feel my whole life has revolved around you. I don't mind that either."

"I do," he stretched an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into a loose hug, "I don't want you to be known by my name, Gyeoul. I want you to be seen by everyone. We may be twins but you're your own person too."

She huffed in defeat, "I know. You're right. But I still wish we were five years old and you were my only friend in the world."

"You idolize me too much."

Gyeoul pulled away with a weak laugh, "And you brush me off too quickly. Why do you think I'm drawing you? You're the only person I know worth looking up to. Even though I'm older, you're always taking care of me. Ever since we were kids. How can I not idolize you?"