𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐞𝐤 𝐊𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐠

The Definition of Tsundere is Baek Kyung

"Don't you get tired of frowning all the time?"

Kyung jerked in his seat before scowling at one grinning Gyeoul who leaned half of herself towards him through the window. "Don't you get tired of getting on people's nerves?" He retorted, ignoring the whispers that arose from his classmates at the sight of the unfamiliar girl in the hallway. It didn't matter. They'd forget anyway.

"Nope," Gyeoul waited until he strode out to her, "Do you want to get lunch together?"

"How are you always hungry?"

"How are you not?"

"My appetite isn't neverending like yours." He didn't shrug her off when she looped her arm around his as they made their way to the cafeteria. "You look far too happy today."

Gyeoul felt the crystal pendant grow cold against her skin. The corners of her mouth turned upwards, "I was with Dohwa last evening."

Kyung eyed the giddy smile on her face with disapproval before clicking his tongue, "I suppose he's better than Oh Namju. Or whatever his name is in your world."

She stopped short out of surprise, "How do you know about Namju?"

"...I saw it."

"Saw what? Where?"

"I just did."

"How much do you know?"

"Enough."

Gyeoul blinked, "Even the night—"

"Yes," Kyung cut her off, feeling a surge of annoyance towards Namju and Dohwa and probably every teenage male in the vicinity with the potential to bat their greasy eyelashes at Gyeoul.

He paused.

This was new. This...he wouldn't call it protectiveness. No way. It couldn't be. Kyung just liked that Gyeoul was here, to pull him out of his misery and loneliness. He didn't care that some idiot could hurt her or play around with her feelings. Like Jeong Namju had. That dick. But what Kyung was feeling could not, in any way, be protectiveness.

Cheeks flushed pink, Gyeoul tugged at a lock of her hair and picked up her pace. She tried to distract him by mentioning how hungry she was when she perked up at the sight of the person hovering by the cafeteria door. "Dohwa!" She raised a hand to call out to him.

Once they were close enough to him, Kyung saw Dohwa's mouth fall open slightly. He looked as if someone had knocked the wind out of him. His eyes flickered to the pendant around Gyeoul's neck and back to her face.

"Gyeoul," he smiled widely.

Kyung didn't like the way he said her name. Or the way he blushed after he said her name.

"Are you going for lunch?" Gyeoul asked, "Sit with us."

Dohwa hesitated, glancing briefly at Kyung, "Ah...are you sure it's not a problem?"

She didn't pick up the reluctance, "No, not at all. Kyung won't have a problem and even if he does, I'm older so he can't argue with me."

"I can," Kyung deadpanned, only to be ignored.

He glared daggers at the back of Dohwa's head when Gyeoul reached for his hand with ease. Dohwa, unaware of Kyung's killing intent, looked ready to fold into himself from the fluttering in his chest. When they sat at their usual table at the back, Kyung pushed past Dohwa to sit beside Gyeoul.