School

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

"Zoey Zitelyn."

"Here, Mrs. Price." My voice comes out in a groaning noise. Mrs. Price glances a warning at me and calls Zack's name. He replies they way we're required to, peppy and eager.

Then he sinks back down in his chair.

I straighten up. "Mrs. Price, I have a question."

"Yes, Zoey?"

"Why do you take attendance? We have to be here, anyway."

She pursed her lips. "I'm not-"

"-certified to give out that information, I know, I know," I sighed. "It was just a question. Earth Almighty!"

"Watch your tongue, Zoey. You know what language is and is not appropriate in this classroom. Now behave, or you'll be paying a trip to Mr. Jennings."

Mr. Jennings is our principal. He is a second, but he is powerful. Our parents can boss him around, be we can't. Sometimes I try, though.

"Again?!" I shout, just to get on her nerves.

"I don't know why you're acting up today, Zoey, but I don't like it. I'm very disappointment in your behavior this morning."

Oh, no, the Disappointment Card. I feel so guilty.... Nah. I feel great.

"Okay, for math today, we are-"

"Poo."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothin'."

"That's what I thought. In math, we will begin our double-A's -- Addition in Algebra. Okay, now-"

"Blaaaaaaaaaargh."

"Is there a problem, Miss Zitelyn?"

"No, Mrs. Price," I replied, imitating her tone and her hands on her hips.

She inhaled deeply.

"All right. That's enough. One more word and-"

"Blah blah blah blah blee-ah-"

"Zoey-"

"Blee."

"Stop that-"

"Ah."

"Go to the principal's office immediately!" She literally EXPLODED. I giggled and skipped to Mr. Jennings's office. He put his head in his hands when he saw me come in.

"Put your head up, NOW, James," I snapped.

"What is it this time?" he groaned, straightening up.

"I don't want to do the double-A's. Plus, I hate Mrs. Price."

"'Hate' is a strong word."

"I strongly dislike Mrs. Price."

"Why? She's just a second working as your teacher."

"And you're just a second working we my principal."

Head goes back in hands.

I flicked his bald head.

"Ms. Zitelyn, I believe this is getting to be a problem," he said. He put his head up again.

"What is?"

"I'm seeing you in here too often."

"That sounded weird."

"Zoey."

"Okay, okay! Yes, I've been sent here a lot. Why, don't you...." (Fake sniffle.) "don't you like me?!"

"Enough, Zoey. I swear, you are really something."

"Thank you." I smiled and skipped out of the office. I went into the gym and chucked a few balls. Then I snapped a few pencils in an empty classroom and made a face at every camera I saw in the hallways. Then I went back to class.

"Are you behaving now?" Mrs. Price asked.

"Nope," was my reply.

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪