Alliaz

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

My name is Zoey Zitelyn. My initials are Z-Z for a reason. It's not just 'coincidence'. We live in a town where everything is perfect. There are exactly twenty-six families, with the father, mother, and twins, a boy and a girl. There are twenty-six 'seconds' we call them, and they are the workers of our town. There is one worker for everything we need to survive. Well, twelve of the seconds have wives that are our teachers. My teacher, Mrs. Price, is the second 'P', and she is married to the fisherman, Pete.

Each household is a letter. For example, we are the 'Z' household. My father's name is Zachary, my mother's name is Zerafina, and my twin brother's name is Zack.

My best friend belongs to the 'J' household. Jessa Jones, daughter to Jim and Jill Jones and twin sister to Jackson Jones.

I grew up in this town. So did my parents. It has existed for hundreds of years. My parents like to joke that my infinite-great grandfather was Zeus, Greek God of lightning.

Maybe that's true. So maybe the Hathaways are related to Hades, God of the underworld.

Anyway, this town is ridiculous. We have laws that are completely different from Main.

Main is the real world. You know, the U.S.? We live on an undiscovered island north of New York. We're extremely small, only big enough to fit our small town.

We are undiscovered and plan to stay that way. Well, sometimes I wish we could let the U.S. find us. We learn some things about Main in school, but Mrs. Price isn't 'qualified' to tell us more than what Mayor Murray allows us.

We don't have a president like Main does. We only have our mayor, the second 'M', Mark Murray. He is married to the twelfth grade teacher, Mrs. Mallory Murray. She's as sweet as her husband is sour.

That's right I said it. Mayor Murray is a sour lemon.

I'm sorry for my foul language, but... Well, Mayor Murray acts all nice, but you can tell by his smile that it's forceful. I've never met him personally, but the second I do, I'll come home and scream 'I told you so'. That's how positive I am that he's a real jerk.

Anyway, in Alliaz (That's our town-slash-island name) we have EVERYTHING in A-Z.

Food in the stores, swear words, drinks, animals, movies, weather, stories, colors, places, smells, activities...

In school we learn...
MATH: A-Z math things
GYM: A-Z exercise activities
ENGLISH: A-Z English terms, A-Z words
LUNCH: A-Z lunch foods
READING: A-Z books
MUSIC: A-Z songs
SCIENCE: A-Z animals
SOCIAL STUDIES: A-Z laws of Alliax, A-Z Main countries
ART: A-Z colors, A-Z art terms
CHOICE HOUR =
#1: Weather
#2: Holidays
#3: Seasons
#4: Months
#5: Alliax History

You see? I can't STAND this place.

It's awful. Everything is ALWAYS in A-Z order. Everywhere we go and do, Zack and I are always last in line just because of our last name. It's ridiculous! And unfair. So I'm going to go see Mrs. Murray to ask her to arrange a meeting with her husband so I can talk to the high-and-mighty, unfair, sour, fake, Mayor Murray.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎