Chapter 3 - Enforcers

A/N: Be sure to vote and comment if you liked the chapter or story in general.

Rakken's POV:

Laying up in the rafters of our "new" little hideout I can hear Violet beating up on the boxing robot. Along with the quiet sound of Powder rummaging to find the tubes that will activate the shooting range. Looking down I spot Mylo messing with one of the guns, loading and unloading it. There is scents coming from outside, many of them to cleanly to be from the undercity. A ominous sign.

I stick a hand in the pocket of my pants. Pulling out two chains with a ring attached to each of them. Holding them up I stare at them. Do I really want to do this. If I did how hard would it be on Powder or Violet, hell even Claggor... What would Mylo do.

Mylo: Remind me why we bother with this dump.

Violet: Vander said to lay low. Enforcers never come down here, so this is as good a place as any.

Claggor: Oh, what's the matter, Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?

Rakken: Ha!

Mylo: Hey, if she didn't keep fixing these things, I wouldn't keep missing.

Rakken: Oh, stop blaming your equipment and admit your just bad at shooting.

Then I feel rubber hit the hand I was hanging over the edge. It stung for a split second. I turn over to glare at him, being to lazy to get down from my perch.

Mylo: Hows that for bad aim?

Rakken: Congratulations you hit a non-moving target.

Powder pops up from under the counter of the gallery with two tubes in her hands. A smirk plastered across her face. She connects them together and the targets come to life. Mylo starts firing as soon as Powder jumps over.

Violet: You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle, right?

Rakken: Of course you wouldn't your our leader, you know exactly what we can and can't handle.

Mylo: Are you kidding? That was the best job we've ever done. Maybe just don't take Powder next time.

Rakken: Grrr.

Claggor: Um...

Powder closes the breach to her gun and takes aim. She soon starts to nail many of her targets. Running dry she gives Mylo a face before putting down the gun and walking away. She heads for a old arcade machine. My ears start to pick up the sound of bickering outside. Powder plays the game for a bit before she too hears the commotion outside. She slowly approaches the window looking out it.

Powder: Hey guys? (She moves away from the window.) You should see this-

A guy flys through the window shattering it. With a woman screaming in terror. We all look to where he landed before looking back at the hole in the window. There was what looked to be a high up enforcer with multiple lower level ones surrounding him. The higher up sees us and closes his book.

Higher Enforcer: Search them.

Oh no, oh no, Powder. They slowly start to move to us. Powder gives a desperate look to Violet. Who soon realized what the look meant.

Mylo: Go head idiots. We've got nothing.

The higher enforcer walks to Powder as Mylo has a baton held to him. Violet then looks to Claggor who nods a pulls a leaver, shutting of the lights. I get up on my feet. Crouch walking across the rafters I get closer to where Powder is. She runs away as Mylo dives behind the counter, kicking one of them. Keeping focus I follow Powder and the enforcer chasing her.