Ⅰ. Sugarcane Task [Tejran - BB15]

"Teja, is that Karan's hoodie?" Shamita asked, looking at Teja, who had just come to the jungle area after getting ready.

Teja cheeks flushed, "Yeah. I have no clothes left. So, Karan offered this."

"So cute," Shamita said.

Teja smiled while her eyes wandered around the area for special someone. Her heartbeat raised, thinking about his reaction after seeing her in his clothes.

"Have you seen Karan?" Teja asked after not finding him anywhere.

"Yeah, he just walked to the bathroom area." Jay said.

Teja frowned. Karan just walked to the bathroom, passing the jungle area, which means he had already seen her, then why he hadn't come near her? Lost in her thoughts, she makes her way towards the bathroom area.

She stopped at the entrance after seeing the sight of Karan talking to Nishant. Again she is becoming nervous. Maybe it would be better to leave from here.

"Hi, Teja." Nishant shouted, waving his hand after seeing Teja at the entrance.

Teja cursed for Nishant wrong timing but gave the slightest smile, "Hi, babs."

She walked towards them, hoping for an acknowledgement from Karan, but he neither looked nor said anything.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem lost." Nishat said. This statement made Karan look at Teja.

"I am fine." Teja said, looking at Karan, who immediately turned away.

"Wait. Isn't it Karan's hoodie?" Nishant asked with a teasing smile, "It's suits you better. You are looking hot and cute at the same time."

Teja ears and cheeks became pink. Though she wanted to listen to these words from Karan, she couldn't help herself from blushing. She slowly looked at Karan, eager to know his reaction, but found none. He doesn't even take a glance at her.

Disappointment is all she feels. Maybe, she was expecting more from him. Maybe, this isn't a big thing for him. Maybe, he did this out of pity as she had no one to offer their clothes. Maybe, he doesn't like her.

But why does the possibility of these scenarios coming true, causing her heart to cry? Why does she be eager to hear Karan's compliment? Why does she want to please him? Why is she giving this much importance to him?

"Teja, you are crying. Did I say something wrong?" Nishat asked with a worried tone. Cupping her face, he wiped the tears away.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even know she was crying. Now, looking around, she didn't find Karan anywhere. He left. He left her. He left her alone. And it is hurting like hell.

"Hey, breathe. Shh, It's okay. It will be okay." Nishat said, rubbing her back by hugging her, seeing her tearing up. Closing her eyes, she tried to gather herself. She isn't weak to get affected by someone. But, it isn't someone, it is special someone, her heart said.

Teja broke the hug and looked at Nishant, who was still watching her with uncertainty. She smiled, making Nishant sigh in relief.

"Will you do my hair?" Teja asked, lightning up the atmosphere.

Nodding, Nishant smiled, "Anything for my babs."

*****************

The rest of the day followed quickly, where they were assigned the sugarcane task, which they won as Shamita favoured them for the sake of Vishal.

She felt thankful for not ending up with the same team as Karan's, as she couldn't afford to make a fool out of herself on the usual bias. Whatever happened today morning is enough for her to know where she is standing in Karan's life.

Taking Karan's shirt, she looked around and found Karan far away, laughing and joking along with others. Except for the tiger team, everyone is there. This task has changed the house dynamics. It also filled the anger in everyone's heart towards their team.

Sighing, she placed Karan's shirt on the top of his luggage bag. Ignoring the loud laughs of Jungle-vasi, she walked inside the main house and lay on her new bed. Hoping a good morning tomorrow, she went to sleep.

****************

"Oh, I am s—" Teja's words cut short after seeing the person whom she dashed.

It's been two days since everything happened. Nothing is the same as before. People changed and their behaviour too. Two days since she stopped sitting around Jungle-vasi. Two days since she found a new friend in Nishant.

Two days, since she looked at 'him' like she is looking at him now as if she never wants to look away. She felt the same emotions in 'his' eyes too, which were gazing into her soul. She missed this.

"Hey." Teja mumbled softly, awkwardly smiling.

Karan didn't reply instead, he dragged her close. Caging her figure perfectly in his strong arms, he rests his chin on her head.

Closing her eyes, Teja immediately melted into his arms. She felt like she had finally come out of the dark pit, which had consumed her for two days. She felt so safe in his arms.

"I missed you so much." Karan mumbled, kissing her hair.

Teja choked, sobbing out loud. Tears couldn't stop from flowing her eyes. She never knew that a small sentence could make her cry this loud. A small sentence could make her feel this happy. A small sentence could take away all her miseries.

Karan let her. He knew she needed this emotional breakout. He knew she was lost. He knew it was because of him.

"I am sorry. I thought things would go back like before if I didn't pay attention to you." Karan mumbled, closing his eyes.

Hearing this, Teja tried to break the hug, but Karan didn't let her. So, she gave up and rested her head on his chest.

"I thought our distance would reduce the magnetic pull I feel towards you. I thought neglecting you would make me feel less attracted to you. I thought, ignoring you could help me fight off my territorial feelings after seeing you in my hoodie. I thought I was the only one who was experiencing these feelings."

"You are a fool." Teja whispered, raising her head looking into Karan's eyes.

"I know. I am sorry for realising it late. Better late than never." Karan mumbled, kissing Teja's forehead.

"So?" Karan asked, smiling.

Teja pinched Karan's stomach, making him hiss. Yet, he didn't break the hug.

"This is for ignoring me." Teja said, raising her hand to slap Karan's face, who closed his eyes in fear.

Karan, who was expecting a hit from Teja, was startled after feeling Teja's lips against his cheek. Opening his eyes, he looked down at Teja, who was already looking at him innocently as if she was not the one who just stole a kiss from him.

His hands which were previously around Teja's waist, moved towards his cheek to make sure whatever happened was not just his imagination but a real one. Teja giggled, looking at Karan's face, who is still shocked.

Taking his arms, she again put them around her waist and then tucked herself into his neck crook.

"I missed you too." Teja mumbled, blushing.

A happy smile formed on Karan's lips hearing Teja's words. 

Though there are so many things they have to talk about, for now, they couldn't help but savour the feeling of each other presence as much as they can before woke up songs ring and someone invades their privacy.

Note : This chapter is taken from my deleted Tejran oneshot book. 

**********************************