Chapter One

"Y/N!!!!" Y/n's mother yelled from downstairs. Y/n's mother, Elizabeth, was a single parent, y/n's father leaving her for a Russian Princess that had emailed him asking for him to give her a few hundred dollars for a plane ticket, though he decided he would go to her.

"Yes mom!" She yelled back. She looked over to see it was 7 am. It was Saturday so she didn't have school. She got out of bed wearing a baggy teeshirt and shorts. She wobbled down the stairs, still half asleep. Her mom was standing at the bottom looking at her with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my god mom... what happened??" Y/n asked immediately running to her mom.

"Sorry just watched the notebook" she said wiping her eyes. "Just wanted to let you know that there's a family moving into the house next door, I think they had a kid around your age."

"Really? That house has been for sale for like 3 years." Y/n said, then realizing, "wait, but one of the windows looks straight towards mine! What if they have a creepy nerdy kid that lives in that room and watches me!"

"I doubt it, and you can just close your curtains." Elizabeth said looking at her daughter and laughing. "But I was going to introduce myself and I wanted you to come with me, then you can see for yourself if there is a creepy stalker there."

"Fine, I'll put some pants on." She walked up the stairs to her room. She put on leggings and a cute cropped sweater, throwing her fuzzy curls into a bun. "I'm ready!"

"Well come down her so we can go!" Elizabeth said laughing. Y/n walked down the stairs and they both walked over to the other house. As they walked up a boy around Y/n's age walked out. He was very attractive and y/n almost froze in her tracks. The boy walked over to a box and tried to pick it up, failing soon after.

"Need any help?" Elizabeth asked "we're your new neighbors, this is my daughter Y/n. She can help you with that one if you need it."

Y/n gave her mom a glare and wanted to hide. A woman walked out before the boy could answer.

"Hello, you must be our neighbors!" The woman said with a sweet smile. "I'm Gayle, this is my son Fin, and my husband Walker is inside" she walked over and shook Elizabeth's hand.

"Hello! I'm Elizabeth and this is my daughter y/n" she said shaking her hand. "Is Fin going to Southern Yanny High School this coming semester?"

"Yes he is, he is going to be a Senior, though I wish it was his first day all over again... he's so old now..." she said, clearly not happy with the fact her son was getting older.

"Y/n will be a senior there this year as well! Maybe you can car pool, save on gas!?" She said, slightly nudging y/n

"They may have to! You know how gas is these days!" Gayle said laughing with Elizabeth. "Oh gosh well Walker is calling me, he probably needs help with the desk he's building, I'll go, it was nice meeting you!" She said, running inside.

"It was nice meeting you, Fin!" Elizabeth said as her and y/n walked to their house.

{that night}

"Mom for the last time, I don't even know him! He just moved in! I don't like him!"

"But you did find him attractive! I saw it!" Elizabeth said pointing at Y/n.

"Okay maybe he was really attractive, but he probably is rude or republican or something..."

"I doubt it, I Facebook stalked Gayle, and she took Fin to a peaceful blm protest and a pride parade."

"Really??" Y/n said a little too excited. "I mean, it's good for him to support minorities."

"Mhm, okay" Elizabeth said with a smirk and a sip of her drink. "Okay, I'm going to bed, love you honey" she walked over and gave y/n a kiss on the head.

" I love you mom" y/n walked to the kitchen to and grabbed a cup of water, going upstairs after. She got into her usual sleep attire and went to sit at her window seat.

As she looked around out her window, y/n caught site of Fin. He was sitting at his window seat, just like she was, and was reading a book. She caught herself staring for a moment too long. She tried to read her book but kept looking at the boy. Then it hit her.

"Holy shit, I'm the creepy nerd that watches through the window..."