Wonderhoy~

"Well, I was thinking, what if we have a robot with a jetpack attached? We can paint and design it to take the form of a spaceship, then Tsukasa can climb on it, and he'll be launched... I'd say around fifty feet in the air!" Rui was going on about WonderlandsXShowtime's next show, letting his brain go through many different ideas.

"Fifty feet!? Don't you think that's a little much Rui?" Tsukasa looked at him with fear and excitement.

"I think fifty feet is pretty decent! And maybe we can make a giant space background, with stars and everything!!" Emu looked between the two of them, her hands envisioning space, and her fingers pointing out where each shining star would be.

"That would be wonderful~!" Rui mischievously grinned, a spark in his eyes slowly coming to life more and more.

"Rui...your eyes have that look... what are you thinking!?" Tsukasa looked at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

"Once he gets like this, he won't stop..." Nene glanced over to Tsukasa and then back at Rui. "It's no use anyways, he's always had an interest in space and the stars and planets. You simply cannot snap him out of this one."

"She is right. I have always had a fascinating interest in the stars and planets! Stars do not look like the shapes people draw most of the times, so I wonder where that shape came from... But the mere fact that little balls of gas can be seen as stars and have such a wonderful name! It's amazing!!" He was smiling now, a real smile, not the one he puts on when he feels like it. It makes him happy that he can share his interests like this with everyone. He was never able to do this before...not without people making fun of him.

"Let's get to work! Three, two, one, Wonderhoy~!" Emu skipped off merrily to prepare her space background after doing the little break she made up whenever we have to split up. She's always so happy and bright.

"Rui, are you coming?" Tsukasa waved his hand in front of Rui's face.

"Ah, yes. I must've zoned out, my apologies."

They all split up from there and went their separate ways. Emu going with Nene and Rui with Tsukasa.

Time skip to an hour later. Current time: 1:30 P.M.

Nene POV

"Ughhhhh this is so frustrating!" Tsukasa exclaimed in frustration and annoyance. "The robot just isn't working properly... but why?" Rui questioned while his gaze kept shifting away.

Tsukasa and Rui were now working on getting the robot to work, which was failing. Emu and I walked over to see if they could help. Emu had finished her space background with some help from me. We both had paint all over our clothes, Emu having a bit on her nose.

"Do you guys need help?" I asked.

"Yeah.. the robot won't work correctly and I'm not understanding why. Could I take a look at Robo-Nene for a minute?" I nodded at Rui as I brought her over.

Robo-Nene was taken apart by Rui as he looked through the programming and gears inside of it. After he finished, he put it back together.

"I still can't see what's wrong..." Rui got this scrunched up look on his face, one I recognized as frustration. Nothing good ever came out of that expression.

'Rui is having that look again... Last time he had that look was a long time ago, but it didn't end well. He's a perfectionist, if the slightest thing goes wrong or can go wrong, he usually blames himself or has a mental breakdown, especially at projects he's been working on for long times. Sometimes it's even both...' I thought quietly to myself

"Why don't we go see Miku and KAITO? They'll know what to do!"

Emu pulled out her phone and pressed play, the world around the four of us changed into the Wonderland SEKAI.

End of Chapter
670 words!!

Story re-made: June 14,2022

Story first published: March 7, 2022

I made the Rui perfectionist thing based off of what I do when I'm stressed and stuff hehe...

Have a great day everybody! <3