Episode 4

Valerie brings Phoebe into the office and nudges Phoebe to sit by Jason on the couch.

LEVI: Phoebe, I'm going to ask you something, and it might seem odd. But give me your honest response.

PHOEBE: Sure, ask away.

LEVI: Would you like to go out on a date with me?

PHOEBE: WHAT?! / JASON: WHAT?!

Jason and Phoebe's eyes wide; you'd think they'd pop out. Valerie turns to Levi but stops herself from reacting further.

LEVI: What do you say?

JASON: Levi, what are you doing?

Levi ignores Jason, focusing on Phoebe, whose eyes shift to Valerie.

LEVI: Well?

PHOEBE: Why me?

VALERIE: Levi, could I speak with you for a moment?

LEVI: I want to get an answer from Phoebe first.

Phoebe stays quiet.

VALERIE: Levi.

Valeri said sternly. Levi nods which Jason takes as a sign to get up and leave. Jason stands and gently grabs Phoebe's arm to walk out of the office. Phoebe whispers to Jason's ears.

PHOEBE: Did he just ask me out? What is he thinking?

JASON: Valerie will talk to him, don't worry.

PHOEBE: I don't even like him.

Once they leave, Levi motions for Valerie to sit, but she refuses.

VALERIE: What are you doing?

LEVI: What do you mean?

VALERIE: Why are you asking Phoebe out when you're engaged to Zoey?

LEVI: Zoey broke up with me.

VALERIE: She does that all the time. I give it till Friday; you'll be back together.

LEVI: Is that what you think?

VALERIE: It's something I've noticed.

He stands.

LEVI: Well, is it wrong for me to want to date someone else until she comes back?

VALERIE: Unless you don't consider that cheating.

LEVI: Okay, you're right. It's just- Zoey and I have been together for years. We need to figure out if we really want to get married.

VALERIE: Even if that's the case, I don't think you should date Phoebe.

LEVI: Why not?

He steps closer to her.

VALERIE: For starters, you might become distracted since you both work here. Besides, what if you break up with her too? You're going to see her every day. It'll create an unhealthy environment, not just for you but for the other workers. Even if the relationship lasts, others might think you'd show her more attention, or people will think she has some sort of advantage just for dating you. Then it's going to create-

LEVI: Wait, so you really think I shouldn't date Phoebe?

VALERIE: It's doesn't matter if it's Phoebe or someone else. I'm just looking out for you- your professional image.

LEVI: So it's your professional opinion that I shouldn't date Phoebe.

VALERIE: Exactly.

LEVI: What about your personal one?