Episode 3

Levi has kept a secret from everyone except his mother, Jason, and Valerie: an alcohol intolerance in which the body can't break down alcohol efficiently. The most common symptoms are a stuffy nose and skin flushing, which is why Levi avoids drinking altogether. Levi has kept a secret from everyone except his mother, Jason, and Valerie.

After escaping the vicious cycle of Valerie taking shot after shot, Levi takes Valerie upstairs to the bedroom to rest. He sits her down on the bed as she lays down and stretches her arms. He tries to stop her from falling asleep by shaking her legs then tapping her shoulders. After her quick confession of wanting to quit, Levi was determined to figure out Valerie's reasons for wanting to do so.

LEVI: Valerie? Why are you quitting?

VALERIE: Yup.

LEVI: Why?

VALERIE: It's just too much. It's all too much.

LEVI: What's too much?

VALERIE: Levi and Zoey getting married. After, I have to quit.

LEVI: Why? Why do you have to quit after I get married?

Valerie sits up, pushing Levi on his knees as she places her hands on his shoulders. She stays quiet. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes.

LEVI: Why do you have to quit?

He says in almost a whisper.

VALERIE: I'm in love with Levi.

Valerie lets herself fall onto the bed, leaving Levi speechless.

VALERIE: But don't tell him; he doesn't know.

Levi remains silent as the words replay in his head.

VALERIE: Tell him, though, it's not a good idea for him to give the extra space to Pearson. Nobody goes to the mall for gyms.

LEVI: Okay, I'll tell him.

He faintly smiles and puts a blanket over her. After looking over her for a few seconds, he leaves the room and makes his way downstairs.

Sitting at the bar, Phoebe looks up and sees Levi walking down. Before getting off her seat, Pearson approaches her.

PEARSON: Can I get you another drink?

PHOEBE: No, I'm allergic.

She takes a sip from her glass.

PEARSON: You're drinking right now.

PHOEBE: I'm allergic to you.

PEARSON: Fine. I don't date women with a stomach anyway.

PHOEBE: Wow, so you must save a lot on dinners.

PEARSON: What?

Phoebe stares at him while taking another sip of her drink. She shakes her head and walks away as Lorraine walks to the center of the living room to give a speech.

LORRAINE: Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention, please.

Everyone turns their head to Lorraine.

LORRAINE: First of all, I want to thank all of you for spending your Saturday night with me. Though today is my 56th birthday, I want to take this moment to remember my husband. Every year for my birthday, he would always throw me a party, sort of like this, and it would be memorable. At the end of the night, he would give me my real gift. It would be different each year. He'd go as far as getting me a car to building my dream library. He knew what I wanted to make me happy. He knew what I needed. So, since my husband can't give me a gift this year, I thought I would get him something instead. In honor of my husband, the name Westmount Mall will be changed to Hendrick's Mall by the end of the year.