04

"so, how did you enjoy last night?" i snapped out from my daydream as i looked beside him to see chenle giving a little cheeky smile - - the usual face that sometimes i can't have the heart to ignore

"so, how did you enjoy last night?" i snapped out from my daydream as i looked beside him to see chenle giving a little cheeky smile - - the usual face that sometimes i can't have the heart to ignore. there were times where i felt another meaning behind that sentence every time he said it, as if mocking me or something.

i rested my head on the palm of my hand on top of the desk in front of me. and for some reason, i couldn't help but smile. "it was...alright." though, compared to my responses before―

"jisung-ah, did donghyuck just smile? and, and, he enjoyed the party?" the cheeky smile of chenle immediately turned into a surprised expression.

"did something happen to him? usually he would give like that weird emotionless no..." jisung replied, his hand reaching out to my forehead to check my temperature. which of course, i slapped his hand away immediately.

"gah, rude." was the response i got from the youngest.

rolling my eyes, "yeah, i'm not sick. i just enjoyed last night better than other nights."

the dumb conversation ended as jaemin twirled his pen around his fingers and smiled, "i guess we should go to more parties that mark-hyung hosts. that way, maybe lee donghyuck would actually have fun."

it was rare to hear them being happy that i had a nice time in a party. geez, was it really that rare...?

.

.

.

"yah, are you sleepy?" jeno's deep voice ringed through my ears as it woke me up. class had ended then and i woke to jaemin and jeno standing in front of the table. "you're not usually this tired, hm?"

"jeno, shh, the baby was sleeping." the black-haired jaemin mockingly teased. after a little chuckle, he became a bit more serious, "it seems though, that he's grown a bit more fond of our habits now." he implied that i was now starting to enjoy the parties? he was right, but not because of the reason that he was probably thinking about. plus, it was only that one night with that one boy. nothing more than that.

it was bold enough to say that in front of me, but it was them i was talking about. they enjoyed teasing me.

"anyways, if you're sleepy, then let's get some coffee in the cafeteria, yeah? i bet it would wake you up a bit." jeno offered and i couldn't say no. he was right, i was sleepy because i couldn't put aside the fact that i somehow interacted with someone and it wasn't as awkward as i had imagined it would be. as a result of that, i was kept up the whole night, not being able to get a blink of sleep.

though, i didn't expect renjun to be in the cafeteria at that specific moment.

at the sight of him, i froze. he was sitting in the corner with the same book in hand. wearing a sweater with a single blue stripe and black long pants, his hair tied back - - reasonable since the weather had been a bit colder lately.

"uh...? lee donghyuck to earth...?" jeno waved his hand in front of my eyes, and it snapped me back. i guess i blanked out right there. "what are you...ah." the pink-haired boy landed his eyes on the specific someone i was staring at unintentionally.

"oh? if i'm not wrong i saw him last night." jaemin's unwanted reply chimed in.

i sighed.

the truth behind these good looking men is that they enjoy parties and gossip. they talk about whatever interests them so they can distract themselves from their own problems. which, i once again can't judge. when the childish university students know someone, they most likely knew some sort of dirt about them. be it someone known around the campus, or someone that can easily blend in the crowd.

it made me worried to see jaemin know renjun, in fear that he would taint my image about him right before i would get to actually know him as a friend better.

"renjun, right?" jeno nodded in agreement with the tall black-haired beside him. "annoyingly, he's the guy everyone knows as the 'who's that again' guy."

wait what?

"i know right, he barely has any ties to anyone here so we don't know anything about him. what most of us know is just that he has a pretty face and a nice small waist that compliments his figure. he looks pretty intimidating, too."

intimidating...?

jaemin and jeno both walked away to get the coffee and i stayed to find a table - - which wasn't very difficult. and once the two came back, they were excited to give me my coffee and tell me something else.

"so tomorrow night, there's going to be a smaller party in mark-hyung's house. apparently a close friend of his is coming back from china so he wanted his friend to have a little celebration." jeno paused, "...do you want to come with us?"

weren't they tired of throwing parties almost everyday?

"whatever, i guess." was all i could muster.

i glanced over to the corner of the cafeteria, still seeing renjun flipping a page of his book. he seemed quite invested in it, and still sort of was surprising since he was an art major.

( a reminder this is set when jisung is 21, and the age gaps are the same )