Conquest

Prime, I think this is what we've been waiting for," Prowl called from his place in front of Teletran One's satellite system. "I've got a large group of Decepticons mobilizing."

Optimus Prime was instantly at the side of his second in command, looking intently on the screen. It was indeed what they had been waiting for. For the past several months since the return of Megatron, the Deceptions had been raiding and stealing technical parts from research labs all over the globe and on other worlds like Telos. All of it cutting edge and high tech. What they were attempting to make, none of the Autobots could guess. Even Wheeljack was stumped. Without an idea of what they were trying to do, it was hard to predict where they would hit next. Since the Autobots couldn't monitor the entire globe and all its technical facilities at once, there was only one thing to do. And that was to wait until the Decepticons had finished their project and attempted to use it.

Prowl had kept the Auotobot base on high alert for weeks, waiting for the Decepticons to finally make a move. Now, that time seemed to be upon them and Optimus Prime was not going to let it pass by.

"Where's their destination, Prowl?"

"Its hard to say until they actually stop, but unless they're crossing the ocean, my guess would be somewhere near the east coast of the United States. They're either going somewhere big, like New York, or they might want some place secluded and head up to Canada. It's hard to tell."

Optimus took a moment to consider. "Either way, Megatron's on the other side of the county. We need to start heading out there now if we want to catch him before he can finish whatever it is he's trying to do."

"Roger that," Prowl agreed. "We need to dispatch a unit as soon as possible."

Optimus Prime opened his com link to his other second in command. "Jazz."

"Right here, Prime," Jazz said as he walked into the room.

"Oh there you are," Optimus nodded. "We need a squad assembled to go right now. Prowl, radio Skyfire and tell him to be ready at the base ASAP. Jazz, who do we have available to go at this moment?"

Jazz rubbed his chin in thought. "Hmm... we've got a lot of patrols out right now. Mostly the new guys that came from Cybertron. I could probably grab Wheeljack, Ironhide and Blaster."
Optimus looked at him. "That's all?"
Jazz shrugged. "Hey, it's been crazy around here lately. The last Decepticon scheme sent half our guys across the planet, remember? And we're the ones with Skyfire so it's taking them a while to get back. I could probably get Ratchet, too. But that's about it."
"No, Ratchet stays," Optimus decided.

"Tell him he's in charge while we're gone. Jazz, Prowl, you're coming, too."

"Sir," Prowl acknowledged as he stood.

The doors hissed as another, much larger body came into the control room.

"There going to be a fight?" Grimlock demanded as he stomped in. "Me Grimlock want to fight Decepticons, too!"

Normally Optimus Prime wouldn't have wanted a bot like Grimlock to come on such a mission where they had no idea what was in store for them. But being as how he was terribly short handed for this battle...

Meanwhile. . .

Sanghelios was a much larger planet than earth, which meant that not only Gravity was heavier, but it had a long day cycle, a full rotation of the planet was 29.5 earth hours. Despite following Military Earth time, the Spartans of the UNSC and Dr. Halsey had to adjust for their time on the Elite Home World. Blue Team, who trained on the Planet Reach, which was close to Sanghelios' size, were able to adapt. Osiris and Commander Palmer were able to as well because of the training they received as Spartan IVs, though that didn't mean it didn't take time for them to get used to it.