V

"Merry Christmas, gentlemen," Anne welcomed them as the five walked into her house, Sapnap, Karl and Alex walking inside before Dream and George.

Dream was holding George's hand as they walked in, keeping their interlocked hands hidden so no one would suspect a thing—or more than they already did.

The five were led to the almost crowded living room, Anne and Dream's dad, James, had brought extra chairs from the kitchen table to the living room so there'd be more space.

All three of Dream's siblings sat in the living room, Laura sitting next to Ben with Asher in her lap, babbling and throwing his arms around, Kat and Sam sitting next to Laura on the large couch as well.

George sat down on one of the two lounge chairs and Quackity sat down on the other one next to him, Dream sitting down next to Sam on the couch while Sapnap and Karl took up two of the stools.

Anne went back to the kitchen with James trailing behind him to go help her, the siblings and Laura's boyfriend already caught up in a conversation with Sapnap, Alex and Karl shooting something in occasionally.

George stayed quiet, he hadn't really realised how different the atmosphere in Dream's house had been so different to the one he grew up in, all four of the children somewhat getting along well.

Dream's parents looked so happy, James following Anne around the house like a lost puppy, abiding to each thing his wife asked of him.

It just felt strange, not that George didn't get along with his sister—they got along just like siblings do—but he adored how healthy their relationship was.

They could hear quietly as Anne directed James around the kitchen, the man doing everything she asked of him and bringing the food to the dining room.

George noticed every not-so-subtle glance Dream shot him, each one seeming like he was asking if George was alright.

The brunet sent an assuring smile back each time, each time Dream's expression softened and he seemed to relax, shooting George a smile back.

"Dinner!" Anne called after a while, the bunch of them politely walking to the dining room and taking a seat.

Dream pulled George down onto the chair next to him by the end of the table, Quackity sitting down next to George with Sam on his side, Asher sitting in a baby chair by the end of the table, next to Dream.

"Dig in," James said once everyone had sat down and settled, gesturing his hand over the multiple side dishes and food on the table.

"What would you like?" Dream asked, leaning his face closer to George's ear so he could hear him over the buzzing conversations.

James was cutting a large ham, putting a portion on Sam's and Kat's plates, then offering Karl and Sapnap who both accepted.

George shrugged. "I'm fine with anything," he said.

It wasn't long until everyone's plates were filled with food, some glasses filled with wine, some with either soda or juice, Asher had water in his silly cup that he kept banging against the table.

Small conversations spread across the table, George getting a lot of questions thrown his way since Dream's family didn't know him that well and therefore didn't know a lot about him, except for the things he had told them when he met them for the first time.

Dream had joked with George that morning when they were still in bed that this time it was sort of like meeting the in-laws, George only gave a small scoff in response.

From getting to know how George and where he grew up met Karl to why Alex hadn't gone back home for the holidays, all small talks and conversations were running smoothly.