- Silvia -

I haven't seen Jones in nearly a week. I wish I didn't know why.

He's avoiding me.

So I begin the journey to the place I hate and love. Walking for over twenty minutes I spot the pastel yellow house across the street. This is probably the 50th time I've been here. I rap my knuckles on the rough surface of the door.

"Hi, Courtney. It's me again."

The bags underneath her eyes are enormous and her face is caked with makeup. Her hair is matted in places and totally frizzy. Another hangover day.

"Oh. What do you want?" She rubs her eye fiercely.

"Is Jones here?"

Courtney laughs and hiccups simultaneously, "Where else would he be?" she opens the door and motions for me to come in.

The second I get in the doorway she collapses on her green couch and shuts her eyes. I start towards the guest bedroom, hopefully he's there. I can't help but wonder if the date was a mistake. I knock on the door.

"Come in," a masculine voice says.

Feeling slightly relieved I open the door and let myself in.

"Long time no see, Jones-y."

He shifts on the bed to a sitting position. As I go to sit next to him I turn the television he was watching off.

"Oh, hey," he replies in a dull tone.

I point at the television set, "Is that what you've been doing for the past week?"

He nods, giving me a strange look. I trace the zig-zag pattern on his bedspread absentmindedly as an idea sparks in my mind.

"Listen up," I grab his attention, "meet me outside the window in this room at 2:00 am tonight. Don't tell anyone."

"Why?"

I laugh, "I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself from staring at that screen all week."