- Silvia -

"They're probably in love or something," Lina, my younger sister, spits.

My father just grunts from the couch.

Lina narrows her brown eyes at me, "I saw you. You snuck out with a boy."

I just smile at her.

"Dad! Silvia secretly snuck out with a boy last night!"

Obviously ignoring her, he turns the page of his book saying, "That's nice, sweetie.

Lina storms off to her room.

"I'm spending the night at Courtney's house," I say.

"That's nice, sweetie."

My father is a writer, so he always has his nose in a book or is typing away furiously at a laptop. So that's his response ninety percent of the time. My mom is a flight attendant so she's away from home for long periods of them.

Courtney is having another one of her famous parties. Telling Dad I'm having a sleepover at her place is mostly true.

"Welcome!" Courtney says excitedly, some type of drink in hand.

"Hey, Courtney," I greet as I walk thorough the doorway.

The main room is packed with people and disposable cups are covering all the surfaces. I see a few people I know, say hi and walk around. Just some acquaintances from school. There's even a teacher here.

I feel a heavy hand on my shoulder, "What's a hot girl like you doing alone?"

I remove his hand, "Thanks for the oh so flattering compliment, but I don't want to talk, Preston."

"I like sassy girls."

"You obviously like alcohol too," I mumble coldly.

He winces and looks genuinely offended.

He sets his plastic cup down, "Silvia, it was a mistake. ."

Anger finally bubbles over. I throw my cup of soda on the carpet and stamp my foot, "It could happen again! You're so stupid!"

I run out of the room, tears flowing down my face. How could he be so blind?! Was I the only one that learned from my mistakes? It hurts to see someone you used to love being so reckless. I swing the screen door open and run into the back yard. Hopefully, no ones out here. Although, tears are blurring my vision so can't tell. I know the answer when I feel I warm pair of arms envelope me in an embrace.

"Hi."

My throat is too tight to reply so I just rest my head on Jones's shoulder.