37. A stride ahead

"I understand everything that is happening"

"oh wow, that's extremely good!!"

"Please don't do that, stop this mess." She pleaded with moist eyes.

"I'm doing nothing." He said innocently.

"I know very well who is doing what and who can right this wrong."

"I can but I won't and you want but can't do anything so if you want to do something then don't do anything." The men smirked.

"Speak straight, just sit and watch the spectacle with wide-eyed. Is it necessary to spin the matter like rounded sweet, always?"

"Honestly, I love to trick words."

.........................................................

8:00 AM
15th February 2022
Marine Drive, Mumbai

With weak a smile, Shreya rolled her eyes in the present most surrounding. Sun-bleached sand crystals were burning her feet as she walked on the seashore barefooted.

The restless sea waves stroked the warm sands as a flotilla of airy white ships drifted erratically overhead, snaking rivulets of water onto the quiet sand. The place being crowded with delighted population playing volleyball, peek-a-boo or other games on an ever-shifting surface.

The water was cold and whenever an errant wave lapped on her feet, she felt as though someone had rubbed them with ice. All she could think about the previous night. Oh god. It baffled her. The more she kept herself stay out of these, the more they straddled in her mind. She expected to throw up but she was sure that she wasn't allowed to.

Not here, Nor anytime soon!!

Her ongoing deliberations halted all at once when her phone whizzed in her hand. Lazily she yanked it towards her iris, recognizing who might be, it was obvious, none other than Dayanand Shetty, her cheap love of life, although contrary to her guess the call was from Rajat.

What he had been calling for?

"Shree, kha ho yar tum? Mujhe tumse bat karni hai" His voice had been laced with desperation.

She replied. "Umm, just coming in half an hour"

He hummed and get off the phone.

.

.

.

Shreya was opening the door of her room when two hands grabbed her wrists, bolted the gate taking her in, making her startled. It seemed the man was in hurried or something wrong is blathering on.

"Hey what happened?" Shreya asked, wide-eyed.

"You okay darling?" Sumedh asked, ignoring her question.

"Absolutely not, aise kon khichta hai? You scared the hell out of me." Shreya groaned.

Both hold her ears and murmured sheepishly, "Sorry" And giggled receiving a fiery glare from her, she was willing to chew them up, unfortunately, it wasn't possible with mortal form.

Sumedh freed her ear and hugged her tightly, she shivered with the touch as being unaware of her scar he pressed his body tightly against her, her body arched a little, he whispered. "Shree, you okay?"

"Hun..sumi, it's alright."

"Sachii?"

"Yeah"

"You are best at telling lies but regarding catching untrue I am an expert." Commented Rajat, his eyes never failed to browse foremost spectacle the manner she arched back when Sumedh leapt on her for a hug, which never occurs generally.