chapter one (done)

today was just another day in this hell hole i got to call my life. i woke up early and got to work cleaning the yard. id even got time to go pick some of the blackberries in the forest clearing near by. My light skin had been died purple as I sucked a thin thorn out of my thumb with my bucket of berries on my hip. the autumn chill was in the air as I rushed for the shelter of the barn with the sun setting and my belly full of the fruit I picked.

Quickly putting water in the bucket I watched the bugs crawl out quickly. I crouched watching the mini fload happening in my bucket. I jumped as cold hands grabbed my hips as a man's body pushed against my rear. Mr.Stantson. fear and dread filled me to the core. I knew what was to come.

"Your father's behind on his rent" I could hear the pleasure in his voice, as he broke the news to me. I went to move quickly but he tighten his hold as I stood, trying desperately to escape the creepy old fat man. Pushing me to bend over a near by saddle stand. I tried to scream but he put his stinky sticky hand in my mouth with a load of my hair he'd grabbed. My scalp stung. Flustered he started removing him self and lifting my skirts. I felt my tears came free flowing down my face. I wish I never became a woman when this all started years ago. Just because my father chose to drink his rent money and offered me up instead. I never found my mate and had started laying dormant. As I felt his fingers grabbing my bare rear with his spare hand his hot flesh against me. It disgusted me. I wish I was never born. I wish this would all just stop and go away.

******* Lucian's pov

Tyler was happy. I looked at my twin brother as he watched the scenery as we drove. He'd finally talked me into a road trip to find our mate. It was extremely rare that twins find there mates never mind ones in our situation. With me being the monster I was. I knew I couldn't possibly have a thing so pure. But I felt sad for my brother who would have to suffer without because of me. So here I was fourty five packs into our little road trip.

If an alpha doesn't find his mate in his own standing or social circle in five years then we are permitted by law to go in search pack by pack. It was pretty rare occasion. As most alpha's mate would be in high standing society so they would meet, early on. I just knew this would be a waste of time.

***********Tyler Pov

Lucian was so grumpy. I know he didn't want me to get my hopes up. Finally giving into me badgering him into this. He held the wheel tightly, we decided to leave our beta and gamma in charge of the pack. Being twins had its perks like that, we could cover eachother save using our seconds in command. Lucian had no excuse anymore.

I was trying to keep a realistic thought in my mind about the possibility of a mate. At least I'd know for definite one way or another after this and that I tried to find her.

We pulled up and this little pack seemed to have gone all out as the alpha greeted us out side the larger pack house. Clearly they where not a well run pack. Form the state of the grounds and houses. As we exited the car I noticed how everyone was in there best dress. Especially a lot of village girls that came to see our arrival. Lucian surprised me. He usually took his time with this and even a maiden or two. Not being one to save himself for a none exsitment mate. I couldn't be unfaithful to my mate. No way.

The alpha invited us for food and drinks. But Lucian was all serious. Not his usual way either. This was serious.

"No, I think we shall walk around a little." His tone seemed urgent.

What's wrong?

I mind linked him as we walked away from anything. He looked at me from the corner of his eye as we walked down the village street.

I don't know...

Was his only response. I was worried my brother stalking the streets like this. He suddenly turn walking out the village entirely. I followed from a distance. Double taking in all my brother had. My wolf moved in me to make my senses peak as I searched for my mate.