gotchu

The idea to run away came a long time ago, but the blond put it off somewhere in the back of his mind, however it was annoyingly returning from the periphery and became a constant eyesore. At the guy's home, according to him, "some fucked up shit" was going on, his parents quarreled more and more every day. Luke no longer had the strength to feel sorry for his mother, protecting her from his father, substituting himself under his fists. From what was happening at home, he only wanted to run away, escape, hide.

He wanted to run away so much that even being there was simply unbearable for the guy. He tried not to be at home in the evenings or returned closer to the night, when his family was already asleep, so as not to contact them at all. He got up early in the morning, went to school or stayed with friends, and in the evening, before his father returned from work, he left home. He went to one of his friends, and sometimes walked alone. He sometimes went to Harvey's just for a little drink and rest, but he didn't feel relaxed. Because Nick lives across the street. He didn't want to cross paths with him. And wanted to. And didn't want to. But he also wanted to. No, it's better not to cross. But he stubbornly walked to Harvey at the very first call, he could not explain to himself the reason why.

Luke was drinking beer, sitting on a sagging sofa in a dim room with loud music, when he suddenly noticed Nick standing in the doorway. The brunet was in a baggy jacket, cream shirt and blue jeans - just a painted vase from his grandmother's service.

"Hey," Luke was delighted. He approached, trying not to break his face with a smile, and extended his hand. He hadn't seen him in weeks. He really tried many times to come up with an excuse to call, but he couldn't find one. And where would Luke invite him - to McDonald's?

"Hello," Nick smiled friendly, shaking his hand firmly and briefly. He glanced around the living room.

" Lucy is... busy," Luke said tactfully.

Nick chuckled and tucked his unruly hair behind his ear.

"What, are you in the friend zone now too?"

Luke grinned:

"And I'm not jealous. Will you drink?" he said.

"What?.."

"I said, would you drink"

"I'm driving today."

"Would you like some lemonade then?"

"It would be nice," Nick agreed after a pause. "I would sit somewhere, today I had no time to rest."

"Go, land, I'll bring it," Luke waved his hand at the sofas.

Nick looked at him in surprise.

Dylan stood behind the makeshift bar, guys shook hands and made rude jokes as if they hadn't seen each other for a thousand years, not fifteen minutes. Luke handed him the empty bottle.

"Do you know what he usually drinks?" he asked softly and nodded at Nick. Dylan nodded in surprise, looking inquiringly at Luke. "Be a friend, do it twice."

The brunet settled down on a wide sofa near a high arched window. He tucked one leg under him, put his hand on the back. Weakly waved to someone.

"Well, what did you do today?" Luke asked, returning to him with two cold red cups slick with condensation. Up close, Nick looked tired: his eyes were sunken, his lips were chapped. But he didn't forget to say thank you.

Luke sat next to him, but not too close, so that it would be more polite. The glass contained ice, soda and pomegranate juice. It turned out to be delicious.

"Are you really wondering what I did today?" Nick asked.

"Well, if it's not a secret, then I would listen," said Luke.