Chapter I

Artemis opened her eyes to find that she was in the dark. She wanted to move but she couldn't, she felt cramped like she was much bigger than her surroundings, and what was arguably worse was the liquid that enveloped her, it was slimy, cold and foreign.

Artemis was confused and scared, where is she? The last thing she remembered... The accident! Today was Saturday, and she and her mother has decided to visit her grandfather who lived alone. As they got into the car, a heaviness was felt in his stomach; and every time that happened, something terrible happened. The car was traveling on the highway, and every second the heaviness only increases. When Artemis' mother suspected that her daughter was not well she thought it was due to the bad grades she had had during the week, she tried somehow to make her smile by telling anecdotes about their neighbor Mr.Bontomps or by turning on the radio to play his daughter's favorite music.

Feeling her mother's efforts, she could only smile and she joined her mother in singing. She could forget for a few minutes the feeling of heaviness. Suddenly, her mother cried out in fear, the girl looked up searching for the cause of her mother's cry, only to find a white car speeding towards them. She blinked, her brain locked; Refusing to process the information, the next moment excruciating pain felt all through her body, she wanted to scream, cry and beg for help but no sound came out of her mouth. Pain and suffering were his companions for a few moments before they faded into darkness.

Artemis let the memories come quietly to settle in her brain to give way to a truthful but chilling conclusion: Dead. Impossible to forget the terrible pain she had felt during the few moments she was still alive.

Suddenly she remembered that her mother had also received the shock of the accident, she did the only thing left for her was to pray for her mother:
- Mom ! O God, hear my prayer and make sure my mother is alive. Grandpa you will surely cry with sorrow and pain but please be strong and don't try to kill yourself like when grandma died, if ever mom you are alive take care of grandpa. Be happy and don't let my death mar your happiness.

A crack was heard as the girl tried to move in the narrow object, Artemis tried to move as much as possible in the hope of breaking through the strange capsule where she was locked. As soon as she was able to poke her head out, the sun's rays blinded her for a few seconds before her eyes adjusted to the sunlight.

Shock showed on the teenage girl's face not the lezarde; yes it is indeed a lezarde in view of its scaled black appearance which covered its body, paws strewn with claws replacing its hands and legs. Artemis couldn't believe her eyes. Desperate, she looked for a translucent surface to confirm this atypical illusion. She was running; sometimes she fell or stumbled, not being used to this new body. She finally found a river in the clear water reflected a small lizard of a few centimeters, completely black as well as two eyes of a pretty emerald green color staring at the water with an air of fear.

Artemis wanted to swear but unfortunately she didn't know any rude words, her mother had sternly warned her when one day she asked her the meaning of the word "Fuck" she heard so often in college.

That's when she fully realized she was dead. Artemis Doyle had died and was reincarnated as a lizard. She wanted to cry and scream her pain but nothing came, she felt perfectly calm despite a little pang in her heart, and that scared her.

A translucent blue screen appeared in front of the young lizard, her eyes widened in amazement. The screen reminded her of the role-playing games she played before her death. There were strength and endurance stats, there was even magic! The famous magical energy; the mana.

Name: Artemis
Race: Wall Lizard
Level: 0 Ex: 0/20
HP: 40/40
PM: 10/10
Vitality: 4
Stamina: 3
Strength: 2
Agility: 5
Mana: 1
AP: 0
Skills: Quick Lash (L1), Sharp Claw (L1), Regeneration (L1), Cold Blood (N Max).
Inventory: Starter Pack×1

Artemis was scared, it might be exaggerated, but yet in every novel she had read with this type of power, the protagonist was living a nightmarish life and dying in excruciating pain!

The reincarnated was sure she couldn't even survive a single day, she was a lizard, one of the weakest creatures she had ever met, on top of that she's level 0, damn it, she doesn't even know level 0 existed.

Another screen brought her out of her internal monologue, smaller than the previous one.

Type of mission: Daily
Sunbathe for an hour.
Remaining time: 00:59:59
Reward: 5 EXP
Penalty: Attributes reduced by 50% for two hours.