Myths and Legends

Moxxie fiddled with his fingers nervously as he waited for the doctor.

It was getting worse. It wasn't only his vision now. All the smells around him, every single sound, everything had intensified by lapses ever since the bite, to the point that it became overwhelming. 

Last night was a complete nightmare, and this time it wasn't because of Blitzo. Rather, it was because of the many sounds he heard through the walls. The echoes of marching boots as the guards made their night patrols. Bats flying through the air and the buzzing of the bugs they hunted. Wood creaking every time someone decided to have a midnight snack. 

And so, Moxxie didn't get any sleep at all. Somehow, he managed to hide his lack of sleep from Millie as he made breakfast that morning, insisting that he was alright. Unfortunately for him, the town bustling made his headache even worse. Eventually, he decided to get an appointment with the doctor just in case the hellbeast had passed a sort of disease unto him or something. 

Dr. Stone finally returned, holding a clipboard with Moxxie's test results. 

The thespian shifted in his seat, expecting the typical 'good news, bad news' dialogue from the doctor. 

But what he got instead was...

"There's nothing wrong with you, sir." 

Moxxie blinked. "What?" 

"All of your test results are negative. You're perfectly healthy, and your brain scans don't show any sort of neurological damage." 

"Doctor, there's gotta be a mistake. I'm telling you, I've been hallucinating since yesterday!" 

"Mr. Knolastname, I assure you, other than that animal's bite on your arm, there's nothing wrong with you. Are you sure you didn't get on a bad trip?"

Moxxie frowned. "For your information, I've never taken any drugs in my life!"

"You're free to ask for a second opinion, but as I told you, you're a prime example of health." 

So Moxxie left the doctor's office quite dissatisfied, especially since he got a 'hallucination' episode seconds after stepping out unto the street.

Alright, if the doctor couldn't help him, perhaps he should take matters into his own hands. With that in mind, Moxxie headed towards the town library; while it wasn't very big, it had a good variety of books regarding particular topics. He was certain that there were some tomes regarding hellbeast attacks, and if they transmitted some sort of disease via a bite. 

Being a regular at the library, Moxxie had no problem getting in. He searched for some copies of Hunting Hellbeasts for Dummies, Infectious Diseases, and Hellbeasts: Monsters of Wrath. However, that information wasn't much use either, as none of the symptoms described 

Then a certain book caught his attention. It was old and dusty, almost as if it hadn't been read in a long time. The title read:

Hell Folklore Vol. 5: Ring of Wrath

Moxxie wasn't sure why, but he was compelled to check that one as well. He skipped through the pages until get spotted a familiar word.

Hellwalkers of Wrath

One piece of knowledge passed down orally in the ring of Wrath is about Lucifer and some type of werebeasts. It took place during the dawn of Hell, long before the hierarchy was fully established. Still, with his raw power, Lucifer so far had no trouble in asserting his place as the King of Hell.