Chapter-66

(Riya is sitting on the bed and is lost in deep thought

(Riya is sitting on the bed and is lost in deep thought. After some time, Manik comes out of the bathroom and sighs on finding her lost. He checks the time and finds it to be 11:30 PM and then sits on the bed beside her, taking her in a hug, which breaks her trance.)

Manik- Kya hua? Kya soch rahi ho?

[Manik- What happened? what are you thinking?]

Riya- I was thinking about Aryaman, Manik.

Manik (taking a deep breath)- You don't have to stress yourself so much.

Riya- Manik, do you think he has really changed?

Manik (confused)- What do you mean by that?

Riya- I mean that he has always been so adamant that I am lying and the others are telling the truth. He would always ask me on what basis I always blame his parents and brother, whom he trusts so much. And now, all of a sudden, everything changed suddenly, and he says that he is sorry that he didn't believe me? I don't know how to take all this, Manik.

Manik- Okay, for instance, suppose that he is telling the truth to you and is genuinely sorry for not being there for you. What will you do then?

Riya- I don't know what to do, Manik. Ek taraf mujhe lagta hai ki mujhe Aryaman ko maaf kar dena chahiye aur apne past ko humesha ke liye apne aap se durr kar dena chahiye. Because mujhe vo ladayi, vo arguments aur vo blame games nahi chahiye dubara se. I am so done with them, so I just want to let go of all those things. And I don't want them to affect us. But phir jab main ye karna chahti hoon aur sochti hoon iss baare mein, to mujh se nahi ho pata hai. Aise lagta hai ki vo sab cheezen mere dimaag mein permanent marker se likhi huyi hain. Aur koyi bhi aake unke baare mein kuch kehta hai naa, to saara progress, sab khatam ho jaata hai. I also wanted to not cry in front of Aryaman, but I couldn't control myself, Manik. Mujhe aise lagta hai ki mera past humesha humare liye problems create karta rahega.