Chapter Nine

Michael's Pov:
After the party was over and everyone left Me, Bruno and Alicia stayed to clean up everything.

"Thanks for helping hun! I'll drop you off if you want." I smiled as I picked up dirty paper plates off of the floor

"Thanks Mr. Jackson." Smiled Alicia

"So are you guys excited or what? Graduation is less than five weeks away!" I looked at her and Bruno.

"Yeah i'm pretty ecstatic about it." She retorted

"You know me pops. I'm just doing what I can to get the fuck outta that dumb ass school." laughed Bruno.

I narrowed my eyes and pointed at him "Watch ya mouth boy."

He raised his hands up in defeat and laughed "It's true though."

He automatically stopped laughing when he looked at Alicia who right beside him washing off a table

"Alicia what the hell happened to your face? You didn't have that when you came here!" He examined
I stopped what I was doing and turned around and saw a big knot on Alicia's face.

"Oh my gosh what happened hun?" I gasped

"It's not a big deal I just had a little accident on the bumper cars that's it." She chuckled weakly and shrugged her shoulders.

Bruno stared at her for a moment "It was Jessica wasn't it?"

Alicia put her head down and didn't say a word.

I just shook my head and smacked my teeth "I should've known not to let that little grown ass girl come to my house!"

Bruno put his hand over Alicia's shoulders "You ready to go home?"

"Yeah."
----------
It surprised me when we pulled up to the violent, low class neighborhood Alicia lived in.

There were crackheads on the street and bums standing at the cornerstore drinking beer.

Bruno was pretty nonchalant just staring out the window with his famous Ray bans on as we passed the neighborhood like he wasn't worried about a god damn thing.

We finally pulled up to some run down apartments "Yeah my house is right here. Thanks Mr. Jackson." She beamed.

"You welcome hun anytime." I smiled

Bruno gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek "I'll call you tonight aight?"

She blushed "Okay."

"Want us to walk you upstairs? I don't feel right just letting you walk up there yourself." I insisted

"Sure! My mother would love to meet you."

Me and Bruno got put the car and ran upstairs with Alicia to her apartment complex.

She pulled out her keys and unlocked the door.

"Ma?!? You here? I have a surprise for youuuuu!" She smiled

There was no answer.

"Mom?"

Still no answer.

"Is she at work or something?" I asked.

"No sh-sh-she has to be here! If she went to the doctor shw would have at least left me a note!"

I was getting confused what was she talking about? Why would her mother be at a doctor?

She ran to the back room and started to scream "NO!!!"

Me and Bruno ran back there to see what was going on we came to find a woman lying in the bed lifeless.
-----------
Bruno's Pov:
I'll admit I knew my father was scared to go into these types of neighborhoods but I wasn't scared of SHIT!