Chapter 24

So funny story…they changed our email at work so that we cannot send external emails…..and I may or may not have written the majority of this story in emails written from my work email to my home email. (I know, I know….bad employee!) :D So now I can't work on it at work….so I've lost a little of the inspiration and I'm definitely not writing as much as I used to. =/

Also….believe it or not….we're wrapping up this story quickly. Shouldn't be that many more chapters guys! And my "downtime" at work lol, has allowed me to contemplate new story ideas!

Anywho….sorry you had to wait so long!

"Americans are so rude." Elijah said as set his phone down on the table and glanced over at Katherine. She was sprawled out on a beach lounge chair sun bathing. Nude.

"I tried to warn him," she murmured, pushing her sunglasses down her nose to gaze over them at Elijah.

Elijah shook his head. "I did too."

Katherine flipped, rolled onto her back and Elijah took a moment to appreciate the view. "Should we go assist?"

Elijah sighed. "I'm contemplating it."

Katherine huffed, "Well I at least need to experience the local cuisine before we go." She stood and stretched. Bending over Elijah, she placed a chaste kiss on his lips. At Elijah's wicked smile she tsk'ed her finger at him. "After breakfast, honey. I'm craving some Italians." She slipped a cover up over her head and strolled down the beach in search of a meal.

Realizing he hadn't heard from his sister in a while, he dialed her quickly. She had been quite devastated over his actions. She wasn't pleased with him at all after he had sent Stefan packing. She fancied herself in love with him and after essentially being asleep for almost a century it would make sense that while she might still be in love with him, he had moved on.

"What, Elijah?" Rebekah griped.

"I was just calling to see how you are, dear sister." Elijah smiled.

"I'm just peachy, love." She snarled.

"Still enjoying the view? " He asked.

She hesitated and he could hear the smile in her voice. It gave him pause. "l'm loving this view." She disconnected and Elijah stared at the phone for a solid minute before he uncharacteristically yelled.

"Kat? Leave your breakfast!"

Damon's hand shook as he poured himself another shot. "Is that wise?" Matt asked from the corner of the room. Damon raised his head to glower at him. Matt immediately looked away. Throwing back the shot, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and quickly poured another. Caroline stomped into the kitchen.

"Stop that." She hissed at him. "You don't get to be depressed. There's work to be done!" She snatched the bottle from him and poured it down the drain. She leaned closer to him as his eyes squinted at her. "I need you focused."

"I am focused." He hissed. He held out his hand. "I have to fix this." He told her as his hand trembled. He clutched the offending hand close to his chest like that would stop it somehow. "I can't be of any help if I can't keep my hands steady."

"You're shaken up. It happens. Now get over it." She looked pointedly at Stefan slumped in the corner. Damon huffed then shrugged his shoulders.

"He attacked me. In the middle of the store. I had no choice."

Matt interrupted snidely. "You had a choice to let Elena go in the store alone." Pushing himself off of the counter, Damon flew at Matt. He lifted him out of his chair, held him by his neck. His feet dangled in mid air, the only thing holding him up was Damon. Matt clawed helplessly at Damon's hand, desperate for air.