Chapter Twelve

We all know, Theo. Yes we do. 

Hailey's

THEO didn't come home that night. We both laid down the bed, facing each other, holding each other's hand while looking at each other's eyes. I couldn't even blink. I was so afraid that this moment would be gone. I didn't want Theo gone. Hindi ko ma-explain ang nararamdaman ko, pero masaya ako ngayon. He said that he wanted to try and that made me so happy. I realized that I deserve to be with a person like Theo, someone that could take care of me, he takes care of me all the time and now I realized that I wanted to be taken cared of by someone else for the first time in my life. I realized that I want to be treated better. Perseus used to do that, but jealousy, pain and anger changed our dynamics, we became so toxic with each other that we don't care of we keep on hurting ourselves and now, I want something better and I will work hard to get that.

Theo slowly caressed my cheek, I finally closed my eyes and when I did, I felt him moving closer to me, in return, I buried my face on his chest. I love inhaling his scent, it's not too manly, not to musky, but to me, Theo smells like home.

"Did you really tell my dad all the things you told me earlier?" Hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses kong tinanong iyon kay Theo, palagi rin naman niyang simasagot ang tanong ko kahit na paulit – ulit pa iyon. I am always anticipating the answer. I need to hear it, his answers makes me feel good.

Sa tagal nang pamahong nabubuhay ako sa sikreto at sa tagal nang panahong nagtatago ako sa mga tao, I feel like I want to hear him say it repeatedly just 'cause it makes me feel good. I never thought someone would think of me that way despite of all the things I did in the past. Hindi ako mabuting babae, pero nandito si Theo, he thinks highly of me and it touched my heart.

"I did. I told him that you deserve the best." Malumanay na sagot niya sa akin. Napapakit ako. Talagang dinadama ko bawat salitang lumalabas sa bibig niya. There's this permanent smile on my face. Parang hindi nan ga iyon matatanggal kasi talagang napakasaya ko ngayon. I didn't open my eyes, instead, I moved even closer for me to hear his heartbeat. It's such a wonderful sound. Hearing it and knowing that it could beat also for me, makes me feel a million times better. Oh, how I love the feel of his warmth around me.

I fell asleep with a smile plastered in my face. I kept thinking how thankful I am for having him with me. I kept thinking that it's a dream and I was hoping that when I wake up the next morning he'd still be by my side, he'd be with me and we're really going to start this new chapter in our lives. We're really going to try.

xxxx

THEO'S

I woke up in the middle of the night because my arm felt funny. I was feeling a bit disoriented at that time, but when I saw a mop of dark brown hair just under my nose, I suddenly remembered where I am and who is with me at that moment. I have my arm wrapped around Hailey's body. She is warm and homey. I had always wondered why I love Hailey's warmth, now that I have her again in my arms, I couldn't help but think about the time the people around me kept telling me that I am in love with her.

Mas nakakatakot para sa akin ang kaisipang maaari siyang mawala sa buhay ko, hindi ko rin gustong nakikita siyang umiiyak. I love my smiling Hailey and from this day on, I will make sure that she is always smiling. I will try my best to make her happy because I really want this to work. I took a deep breath and kissed her forehead. She stirred a bit, naramdaman kong humigpit ang hawak niya sa shirt ko. She nuzzled my chest, I just had to sigh again because I really love the feeling of her in my arms.

"Hmm, sleep..." Hailey mumbled. Gumapang ang kamay niya mula sa leeg ko papunta sa mismong mukha ko. She was trying to feel if my eyes were open and when she felt that it was, tinapik niya pa ang pisngi ko. "Sleep pa. Sleep..."