Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Wen Chao

  Daiyu was still in shock to see Lan Xichen. She keeps her head down as she does not know what to do. Even though they are almost the same age, that's not enough reason to treat him like just some simple cultivator. He is the Sect leader of Lan Clan so he deserves massive respect. Another reason is that he is ranked first on the Bachelor list of cultivators in the Cultivation world.

Daiyu recalls her first meeting with Lan Xichen. That was when they are in Yunmeng.

'We met just like the first time '

"Lady Wei you do not need to give me such respect. A simple bow will do."

Daiyu raised her head and look at the smiling Lan. She stands properly and held the book tightly.

'So awkward '

"I can see that you still love reading," Lan Xichen said as he looks at the book Daiyu was holding.

Daiyu nodded.

"You're right Sect leader Lan. I guess books are part of my life now" Daiyu said as she looked at the book she is holding then look at Lan Xichen who is also looking at her.

"Are you a strong cultivator now Lady Wei?" Daiyu look at Xichen, confuse. Xichen reads her expression and gave her, a sweet smile that can melt every maiden's heart.

"The last time we met, you said that you need to read books to become a strong cultivator" Lan Xichen explained.

'Oh he remembered '

Daiyu's lips formed an 'o' as she didn't expect that Lan Xichen will still remember their conversation when they first met.

"I'm still not strong enough Sect Leader Lan but I'm doing my best to become one" Daiyu answered. Lan Xichen was about to say something but someone interrupted their conversation.

"Ajie!"

Both Daiyu and Lan Xichen looked in the direction of the voice and saw Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng.

'They are awake already? What a miracle

"Ajie we've been looking for you. Shijie cook us lotus root and pork rib soup" Wuxian said but it is obvious that he is still sleepy.

Daiyu looked at his brother then look at Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng immediately gets that look.

"I woke him up early Ajie for it is one of the rules of Lan to wake up at 5 am" Jiang Cheng explained as he smirk while looking at his sleepy brother.

"Axian you need to wake up early from now on. We are not in Yunmeng anymore" Daiyu said. Wuxian whin like a child and went to hug his sister while his eyes are still closed.

" Ajieee! Xianxian can't do that!" Wuxian whined. Daiyu and Jiang Cheng just shake their heads as they already know that sleep is very precious to Wuxian.

Daiyu was about to tell Wuxian something when she remembered that Lan Xichen is behind them.

"A-Xian stand properly and greet sect leader Lan," Daiyu said as she tapped his brother's back.

"Sect leader who?" Wuxian asked eyes still closed.

"You idiot! Sect Leader Lan is with us! Stand properly now!" Jiang Cheng whispers to Wuxian. Wuxian opened his eyes and saw a man in white robes and a jade hairpiece. He is smiling and amused at what he witnessed.

Wuxian immediately stands up and greets Lan Xichen.

"Sect leader Lan! This disciple apologizes for his behavior. I was just too sleepy to notice you" Wuxian said as he gave a messy bow.