1

AUTHORS NOTE!
This is a AU from my story "Life As We Know It" so some reference and characters are from that story which is a Princess Diaries X Mamma Mia crossover. Also, in my story Sam's parents will be introduced soon. But I imagine his mom as Susan Sarandon's character Marnie in "The Meddler" so that will be her character in this and when I introduce her in "Life As We Know it" <3

Enjoy!

Donna hooked on her bra and then brushed her hair out of her face. Just as was about to regret having a one night stand again, she heard him speak.

He was standing with the open door of the fridge covering him, only his feet and the top of his head visible. "Wow! Where did you come from? You're beautiful, caring. And don't get me started about that sexy body."

She smiled. 'This one is different' She thought, she had found the one, yes she found him at a OkCupid and they has almost nothing in common, but he was the one!

"You're the type of woman a man keeps, and I know you're working later, but, baby, I need to see you tonight." He said.

Donna hurried and popped a mint into her mouth. "I wanna see you tonight, too!" She gushed.

He quickly shut the fridge door, showing that he was on the phone with another woman, shushing Donna. "Baby, can I call you right back?..." Donna's eyes bulged quickly throwing on her blouse from the night before. "Yeah?..All right, beautiful. Bye." He just stood there, Donna face filled with sadness and shock. "Breakfast?.." He asked. "Actually, I gotta go. I just remembered I have a 10 o'clock photo shoot."

She scrambled to grab all of her things, shoes and purse in curled in her hands. "I-I.. uhm.." Donna tried. "I'm just gonna.. I'm gonna go." Donna bolted out of the studio apartment. Putting on her shoes and buttoning up her top. She was soon on the streets of New York doing her weekly walk of shame.

'Oh, God, I did it again' She thought, having meaningless sex for a cute face, nice body, and some mediocre conversation. She didn't think that it was wrong for people to sleep with different guys, but that's just not who she was. She wanted true love, a guy to genuinely get her, an intellect. Donna just wished the universe was in her favor.

Donna felt her phone vibrate. She dug around her purse trying to find her phone, when she finally did, she saw her mothers name. She gave a sigh. "Hi, mother."

"Donna," Clarisse started. "Where are you?"

"Uh." She tried to quickly come up with a lie. "I'm about to go into the office."

"Really?" Clarisse questioned.

"Yes..." She lied

"We'll as you know, it's the first Wednesday
of the month which is the annual brunch day." Clarisse said, Donna biting her lip, knowing she had forgotten about her brunch date with her mom. "When I leave the vineyard to come have brunch and catch up with my Ivy League daughter."

"Oh course I didn't forget!" Donna fibbed. "I was just joking, I'm actually on my way right now."

"Donna."

"I'm on my way!" Donna finished, the. quickly hung up.  "Shit!" She began to run so she could get to their annual brunch spot.

****

Donna sped walked into the Manhattan restaurant, La Mercerie.

"Good morning Donna." The hostess greeted knowing the regular, but also taken aback by Donna's appearance. "Your mother is already here."