2

This is the last part of the 2 part story! ENJOY!!!

*****

"No! That is not the same thing, Sam." Donna splatted back. Her and Sam have been fighting in the corner of the night club for 20 minutes now. "Just because I want to scripture reading because it's my parents religion isn't the same thing as your mom wanting us to tie the rope."

"Yes it is." Sam said back.

"No, it's not."

Sam took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair. "Look, at the end of the day, I honestly don't care if we HandFast or not, Donna."

"You don't care and I don't want to, so why do it?" Donna declared throws her hands up.

"Because it would make her happy." Sam said. He's just wanted the two women in his life to get along. He loved his mother and Donna meant everything to him. "This woman sacrificed everything for me and, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be the man you wanna marry."

Donna leaned forward to him, hands on her hips, and the vein popping out of her forehead. "If it wasn't for your mother, I wouldn't be questioning if you're the man I want to marry.

"So, you're questioning marrying me now
because of my mother?" Sam questioned in disbelief.

Donna threw her head back and sighed. "She's constantly disrespecting me and she treating you like a baby." She vented. "And you're just letting her, I'm sick of it."

"Is this because she won't give you her Coffee Cake recipe?" Sam questioned.

Donna narrowed her eyes at him, as her hands were still on her hips. "Are you serious right now Samuel?" Sam shrugged slightly. All Donna could do was roll her eyes.  "A husband is supposed to defend his wife, remember? Leave to cleave?"

"Here you go with the scripture thing again." Donna scoffed loudly at Sam's comment. "Look, Donna, she's always gonna be my mother.

"I know that." Donna responded quickly.

"But you are not my wife yet." Sam finished.

Donna was seething now. "You're right. I'm not." She scoffed. "Which makes it so much easier to walk away from you." She turned her heel to walk away.

"What are you saying?"

Donna whirled around. "I'm saying you're a mama's boy! Do you need to check in? Do you have a curfew? Are you allowed to be out past 12:00?" Donna provoked.

Sam just shook his head. "This is ridiculous. I need a drink." He walked away.

Jacob walked up to Sam as he was walking away. "Can I holler at you for a minute?"

"Do I have a choice, Jacob?"

Jacob stopped him, and turned Sam's body to him. "Look, I've known you your entire life, all right? You messing up. Your mama mad at you. From the look of things, your girl pretty mad at you. You rushing in, marrying this girl."

"You don't know her." Sam shook her head and began to walk away, Jacob stopping him again.

"Look, I get it, she's rich, her family's rich. It's the come-up." Jacob said. "But do you wanna be one of those guys?"