1.

december 3
conan's pov

"happy birthday, love" i say to my best friend renée, also known as my crush. we're sat with our other friends and her girlfriend at school lunch. "thanks cone" she smiles up at me while eating her salad. i've always called her love, it's been consistent and it doesn't bother her so it's always stuck.

i'll give you a quick run down of how we're sat.

conan ashley dylan olivia
| table |
renée heather awsten

that's simple enough. "what're we doing for later?" dylan asks "i dont have anything big planned. i don't really care for it" renée shrugs "looser, you gotta do something" awsten says causing us all to laugh. "we could go to the theatre, i think the joker's still playing" ashley offers "maybe, i have five bucks in my bank account because i went shopping yesterday for somebody's birthday" she eyes me causing me to grin "so i'll have to ask my dad for money since i can't use my debit card at the theatre" she finishes. "sounds like a plan" heather smiles and we all nod.

renée takes her phone out texting her mom for a few minutes. "my mom can pay for all our tickets and food but says since conan's her favorite that he can pick the candy" she says "conan picks the bad candy!" ashely groans "he has the worst taste in candy" awsten and olivia whine "this man thinks circus peanuts are good, why do we trust him?" heather adds in "no im not allowing this" dylan says "too bad, conan and i are picking candy and y'all can't whine about it. and we can get icee's" renée grins "conan gets to pick music too, by moms request" renée adds "no that means he won't let us listen to sunset season!" awsten and practically the whole table whines, they love my music for no reason. "i'll let you only because i love you guys" i reply and they all smirk. "should we do the icee mix again?" renée asks me "duh, like always?" i reply with a smirk "like always" renée smiles. we do our secret handshake quick causing us to laugh more.

heather looks over at us and then renée, renée asks her something but i can't hear. "you're good" renée smiles at her softly kissing her cheek, heather nods.

"anyone want my blueberries?" renée pulls out a glass container of blueberries "i'll trade you for raspberries" awsten offers "gimmie" renée laughs and they switch. "think fast" renée grins sliding a chocolate bar to me, she puts her finger up to her lips telling me to keep it quiet and winks. i smirk and nod.

i wish that wink meant something else.

"i want thin mints" renée sighs "i want head but we can't have everything ren" awsten says while eating his sandwich causing us all to start laughing as renée slams her phone down on the table looking at him. "you are psychotic" ashley says "we learned that one awhile ago" heather laughs "i'd make you hold it just for that" renée says causing us to laugh even more "so you're saying you would?" awsten asks "you twist my words" renée says "you cannot tell me you didn't just say you would make me hold it. that's practically saying you would" awsten shakes his head "i'd do it, 20 bucks" dylan says "30 bucks" renée says "is this some auction to give awsten head now?" olivia shakes her head "apparently" awsten grins "35 bucks only because i don't want you doing that" dylan says "36 bucks because i don't need you doing that" renée says "in front of your girlfriend too" ashley points to heather whose joining ashley and i in our giggling scheme. "im fine with it because i know ren wouldn't do it" heather chuckles "i would do it for 36 bucks" renée still keeps it with dylan "37 bucks" dylan "40 bucks." renée says "someone's getting head by renée" dylan sighs and she high-fives heather whose shaking her head. "pay up" renée holds her hand out to awsten "and im assuming you're sticking to your word" awsten shuffles his wallet "when has she not kept a bet?" ashley shakes her head causing us all to start laughing even more. "later you idiot" renée snatches the 40 from awsten and stuffs it in her pocket. leaving us all to laugh.