Chapter 2

"Tommy please, I have no one else."

Tommy was questioning his 'choices'. It was either he went back to the castle and confront his dear family or leave Tubbo alone. Why did he care anyways? It wasn't like the two have known eachother for a long time, so why was he feeling so guilty by the thought of letting him down?

"Tubbo, I don't know. I do not think I am very welcomed in that nation anymore."

"You're with the Crown-Prince of Manburg, they can't do anything. Please?"  Tubbo found himself begging the enemy to join him on a days long trip. He'd always hated being vulnerable towards others and yet he wasn't feeling anything negative now. It actually felt like some kind of light hearted conversation. Something Tubbo nor Tommy had in a while, it felt so reliving to both of them.

"Okay fine, but we leave as soon as possible." Tommy didn't want to believe what he had just said but it was a little too late now. Tubbo started jumping in his place from excitement. Next thing he knew, he had Tommy in a warm embrace, a tight hug that they both needed. Tommy first stood in shock, but not too long after he wrapped his arms around the shorter figure. They silently stood there until they heard the similar voice in front of the door, knocking. "You Highness you have to leave in around 2 hours time. You should get prepared." The two looked at each other once again, silent giggles escaping their mouths for no reason really.

"Thank you Quackity, you're dismissed for the day!" Tubbo shouted.

Tubbo and Tommy started quickly packing some cloaks for their visit that would last for around 3 days. That was until Tommy was reminded about the Winter Ceremonies. If he remember right, they were gonna be held in the Antarctic Empire this years. And that would mean that the two would have to stay for an extra week. "Tubbo" Tommy said with a shaky tone. "Do you happen to know about the fact that the Winter Ceremonies are being held a day after this meeting? And Manburg always joins."

Tommy was right, Tubbo had completely forgotten the second part of the meeting invite. It was also an invitation to the ceremony. And Tubbo had obviously accepted both invitation. "Oh right. Well then we shall pack up way more stuff. You can wear somethings from that closet over there." Tubbo said to Tommy, pointing at a closet covered in gold. "They are my brother's stuff whom he didn't like, they're slightly too big for me to wear, but i'm sure you could wear them."

Tommy walked towards the closet whilst the realisation hit, there was no way out anymore. He opened the closed and was surprised by the beautiful clothing. They were mostly red or white which made sense, everyone knew Prince Dream only wears green, or sometimes black. Tommy started picking some stuff, careful to make sure nothing about it was damaged of any kind. That was until this one familiarly decorated black outfit took his attention.

It had a dark red blouse and black pants to go with it. A black waistcoat to go on top of the blouse. Most importantly, black cloak. Golden chains connected the two beautiful golden shoulder armours from the back. Tommy was amazed by the beautiful outfit, but he was desperately trying to figure out why it was so similar. That's when he'd realised that Tubbo had the same outfit but his blouse was a dark green and not red.

"Hey Tubbo, what's this?" Tommy said pointing out the outfit he had just found. "Oh, that was the old Emperor's gift for Prince Dream and I." he stopped before adding : "His Highness never enjoyed such childish dress up things, so he has not worn it. Why?"

"Well i wanted to ask if i could 'borrow' it?"

"As you wish." Tubbo said, only a faded smile on his face, he wasn't upset, he was actually planning something.

"Hey Tommy, do you happen to know dances? The one's you see the Duke's and Duchess's doing in the ceremonies?"

"Yes, who doesn't?" The blond answered, and he felt the immediate regret, he had to be careful to not give himself out this early. Tubbo was gonna know sooner or later but Tommy knew that the way he looked at Tommy would change after learning his backstory, so he wanted to keep it secret for as long as it was possible.