Roots of Darkness

Im not Chinese or have Chinese descendant
I have been wanting to learn mandarin but I do not speak/read/write in it
So please correct me on any cultural errors and language errors
Im trying to make this as accurate as possible while letting creativity flow in a healthy balance
Spent time searching on google for names
So when I looked at Xiu, it said it meant elegant and Yue meant moon. So elegant moon for a birth name.

Feiniao was a name I picked off a list for a courtesy name so

Fei = fly/flit/winged/swift
Niao = Bird
So I meant Swift Bird
I imagined Jiang Yanli calling Wei Ying her little magpie as when I research they were sign of good luck and joy

For Lan Jingyi's dad though since IDK his name this is what I came up with

Shu-warm-hearted
Ting-Enduring

TingShu
Enduringly warm-hearted
Courtesy name

Shi - truthful
So Lan Shi
For birth name

Warning: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts/Attempt, and Murder

There are private parts of the Lotus Pier. There are two coves mainly private. The Dungeons and the Seculsion Quarters.

The Seclusion Quarters are actually a series of water caves and coves craved out of an old and long volcano that appeared due to one of the Jiang Clan's first battle with a dark cultivator.

Everyone however knew that there was this one part of the Seclusion Quarters completely closed off. No one of the outside world had touched it in over a thousand years. Only the Jiang Clan can be imprisoned there afterall. Not even the Head Disciple.

That meant that Jiang XiuYue or Jiang Feiniao aka Wei Ying or Wei Wuxian could be locked here. For as you see right after the war, Jiang Yanli had enough of one of her brothers officially not being one of her brothers. So she dug into the registry and father's old work. Turns out her A-Xian was officially adopted in the Jiang Family but privately.

Techinally when Jiang Yanli found out in the ancestral Jiang Clan Registry his name was Jiang Ying and Jiang Wuxian. So when she confronted her brothers, she and A-Cheng was shocked to find that A-Xian begged Father to keep it private for the sake of their household. How he didn't want another thing treating him or them worst and How he thought that he shouldn't even be a spare heir as he wasn't of Jiang Blood. That and how Father wanted him to replace A-Cheng with him downright refusing as that was his brother's position and the classicism of the cultivation would never accept a ward as a Sect Leader.

However she and A-Cheng knew his main reason. He truly believed in A-Cheng when Father didn't. As he saw how dedicated A-Cheng was to their sect and his role in it. A-Xian only wants his family and friends to be happy and him being the sect heir was a threat to his family's happiness.

Well in reality only Jiang Yanli truly understood. The one who demanded him to be named properly. The one who made this an inside sect secret. That with the disciples who had taken the time to know and understand Wei Wuxian.

Disciples that dragged him back into teaching. Disciples who cores had shined the brightest through the Sunshot Campign. The ones who learned Spiritual Musical Cultivation from the Yiling Lazou. A cultivation that he crafted alone for the Jiang Sect. Music with catastrophic and healing effects. War Music that drowned Wens in their agony.

The Yiling Lazou, being the Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation and Battle Musical Cultivation, had brought great things to the Jiang Clan until the Wen Remnants.