Part 5

Wear something comfortable. A light jacket for the evening.

And if Klaus mentions anything, please do remind him that I can easily get Caroline's number from you or our sister.

A smile pulled at Y/N's lips as she read the message. While she had been freaking out just minutes before, she felt calm. All the anxiety she had felt had eased and she had looked forward to her night with Elijah tomorrow night.

"What's the smile for?" Klaus asked. "I'm sure my brother has come back with some reply."

Y/N chuckled. "Oh just sending him Caroline's number since he asked so nicely."

"Y/N, I swear if you give him her number, I will make sure y-ouch." The threat had been cut off by Caroline smacking Klaus square in the chest. The girls laughed and shook their heads as they watched Klaus fake a pout.

"Threaten her and we won't go out to dinner tonight." Caroline said, giving him a look.

"Oh please, it'd be easy to persuade you to change your mind." Klaus smirked and it caused Caroline to roll her eyes.

Y/N and Elena looked over at each other. The look they gave was enough to convey that they were definitely meant for each other. Klaus and Caroline may have just officially met last night, but Y/N and Elena knew all about the conversations. The universe had done right by putting them together.

_____

"Your most recent paintings will be displayed towards the back of the showroom." Joyce said as she gave Y/N a tour of the showroom floor.

While Y/N was excited to get things started for the set up, her stomach was a bunch of nerves for later this evening. A few hours from now, she'd be meeting Elijah in person. And she couldn't tell which she had been more nervous about.

"I actually finished my most recent and started on another." Y/N noted as she took in the empty space where her newest paintings would be going.

"Already?" Joyce's eyes had widened at that fact. "When we spoke last, you were just getting started on that one."

"I couldn't sleep last night." Y/N admitted as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Nights like that make for the best nights of painting."

A smile pulled at Joyce's lips. "I remember those days. I somehow was able to start and finish something when I couldn't get myself to wind down."

Y/N chuckled at that. "It's those moments that I feel like the most get conveyed in the work. If I'm being honest with myself, this one is the most vulnerable piece I've worked on."

"And that one will leave a lasting impression on several people during your showing." Joyce said with a nod. "I can't wait to see that one once it's finished."

"I'm hoping to have it done by tomorrow night. That way the rest of the time I can focus on the arrangement you've asked for." Y/N had several boxes she needed to sort through of her work. Joyce wanted specific paintings from her portfolio and Y/N was happy to pull them out of storage.

"Good." Joyce said with a smile. "I've got several things enroute to help make opening night perfect for you. This is going to be one night you'll remember for the rest of your life."

"I have a few people telling me that. I'm definitely looking forward to that." Y/N's smile grew at the words.

"I believe that is all I have for today." Joyce said as she pulled out her buzzing phone. "If there are any changes, I will definitely let you know. For now, I have a meeting I am being summoned to."