ꕥ My fault ꕥ

Bold-Mandarin/Chinese
Normal-English
Italics- Thoughts

Edited

It was lunchtime and everyone crowded into the cafeteria. Kiara, Mei Ying and Vanessa have different 4th period classes so they had to split up. After Kiara left her bookbag outside of the cafeteria, along with everyone else. She walked thorough the cafeteria, got her food and looked around, looking for Mei Ying or Vanessa to sit with.

"Hey new girl" She heard Vanessa say behind her. She turned and smiled at her friend.

"What's up" She said.

"Come sit with us" She said as she grabbed Kiara's free hand and pulled her to the lunch table. They reached the lunch table and sat down. They began to talk and laugh with each other.

"So why did you move to China?" Vanessa asked.

"My mom got transferred. She works at the car factory" Kiara asked as she started to eat her lunch.

This is good...
What this hell was I eating in Detroit

"Maybe I could get a free car" Kiara said jokingly.

"But you wouldn't be able to drive it" Vanessa said.

"Why?" Kiara asked.

"You have to be eighteen to get your license" Vanessa said. Kiara's eyes widened.

"You're lying" Kiara said. Vanessa shook her head.

Wait until Mom and Dre hear this shit

"I wish I was. I know how to start, drive and parallel park a car" Vanessa said.

"But you can't legally drive" Kiara said. Vanessa nodded. As kids began to pool in, Kiara was looking through the crowd for Dre.

"Who are you looking for, Kiara?" Vanessa asked Kiara.

"My brother" Kiara said.

"Dre Parker, right?" Vanessa said, earning a nod from Kiara.

"He's in my History class" Vanessa said. Dre mainly sat in the back and kept quiet. She had spoken to him once, trying to strike up a conversation but he got very shy and scared around her. She didn't know that Cheng was starring him down directly behind her.

"What brought you to China?" Kiara asked randomly.

"We initially moved here to be closer to my stepdad's mom. We moved here when I was 11 after my parents got married" Vanessa said and Kiara nodded.

"It's like a blended family situation. My sister goes here too" She said.

"She hates the lunch room since it's 'too loud' and freaks her out. She's kind of a loner" Vanessa explained. They spoke for a while. Kiara learned that she was a Kung Fu student and a writer. Vanessa found joy in fighting and writing alike. Kiara was very intrigued by her new friend and her hobbies. Kiara was about to ask a question before someone sat next to her. She looked beside her and saw Mei Ying sitting next to her. She smiled at her.

"Hi guys" Mei Ying said, slumped down into her seat.

"Hey" They greeted.

"Are you still going to practice with the British snob?" Vanessa said. Mei Ying grimaced at the thought of her teacher.

"Yes. I am waiting for the lunch line to shrink" Mei Ying said, folding her arms on the table. A few moments later, Leia came up to their table.

"Hey guys" she greeted, sitting down.